Senior Marketing Manager, Personalization
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You will be responsible for building out Udemy’s personalization/lifecycle function for the marketing team. You will have the opportunity to lead high-impact and cross-functional initiatives across the Marketing, Product, Data Science and Engineering teams. With a data- and student-insights-driven approach, you will develop a strategy that keeps students engaged across all lifecycle stages. With the partnership of and feedback from cross-functional partners, you will make recommendations on when/where to reach students, striving for consistent customer experience across channels. Your work will support the team’s pursuit of delivering marketing personalization at scale across the customer journey, driving long-term value for students.
You are laser-focused on the customer and delivering positive experiences that align with Udemy’s goals and mission. You are able to think strategically about the big picture, but can also lead a project from start to finish, identifying operational improvements or processes to increase efficiency. You are highly analytical and comfortable working with data. You have experience managing deliverables for multiple projects at a time, identifying potential timeline or bandwidth issues upfront. You are capable of working cross-functionally - understanding and empathizing with channel/tool challenges.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Leading the end-to-end management of lifecycle marketing programs, including campaign ideation, creation, deployment, testing, optimization, analysis, and reporting - across all channels
- Using analytics and qualitative customer insights, develop strategy to reach, retain, and engage students. Lead planning, development, and execution of the strategy
- Building out a sophisticated and data-driven martech stack, in close partnership with product
- Thinking big-picture about personalization; partner with data science to build the intelligence enabling us to personalize communications and touchpoints across countries, user segments, category affinities, etc.
- Understanding the product roadmap and how it affects students; flag any potential concerns or areas of partnership to leadership
- Working with channel partners to build programs that work within existing toolset, and push for improvements to toolset as needed
- Providing regular written and verbal communication of lifecycle plans with cross-functional teams; coordinate efforts to ensure a consistent customer experience across all touchpoints
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 7+ years experience in B2C lifecycle or engagement marketing, ideally in an analytical capacity
- Experience partnering with product, data science, and engineering stakeholders to deliver results
- You are highly data-driven and understand how to design and optimize marketing programs to deliver upon overall company goals and metrics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with colleagues at all levels; demonstrated ability to influence others
- Strong attention to detail, organized, and efficient with the ability to rise to the occasion under tight timelines and pressure
- Strong business acumen and creative problem-solving skills to anticipate, troubleshoot, and find effective solutions
- Comfortable driving results and growth in-line with company objectives and goals
- A professional demeanor, positive attitude, and strong desire to learn!
- Bachelors degree
- MBA or Masters degree a plus
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description