Senior SEO Manager at GoodRx (San Francisco, CA)
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. Each month, millions of people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare - and we've helped people save over $60 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
About this Role
GoodRx is seeking a Senior SEO manager to help us drive continued organic growth via best-in-class health content.
You'll be responsible for identifying and recommending new content opportunities across a variety of formats and channels. You'll work alongside world-class writers, designers, product managers, engineers, and subject matter experts to solve meaningful health problems for millions of people each month.
You will identify growth opportunities, both in our existing content as well as in new categories. Your recommendations will drive growth and engagement in search, social and subscriber-based inbound channels. You'll create comprehensive content strategy documents and work closely with the editorial (production) team to execute.
You'll utilize competitive and content gap analysis to identify effective strategies and opportunities for new growth. You'll oversee outline creation for long-form content with SEO best practices at the core of all recommendations. You'll own and closely monitor performance metrics to understand what's working.
You'll form strong opinions about our current SEO processes and you'll propose improvements that'll ultimately lead to more organic traffic.
- Work in tandem with the editorial and sales teams to build a content strategy, including helping to further develop our voice and style, that complements an evolving editorial calendar
- Perform ongoing keyword research to discover new opportunities and identify trends (and competitor movement) within the rapidly evolving health vertical
- Become familiar with our growing library of content. Perform category audits to advise on when to create new content vs updating/consolidating older content with established rank
- Perform competitive analysis and develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape
- Perform site audits to identify roadblocks and opportunities
- Proactively identify technical SEO opportunities (i.e. article template improvements, internal link/content ecosystem improvements, crawl issues) and contribute to product & SEO AB testing backlogs
- Work alongside business intelligence team to manage and influence reporting dashboards. Monitor traffic, understand impact of optimizations as well as external changes (algorithm updates, SERP changes, etc)
- Stay abreast of relevant product roadmaps and ensure upcoming launches are SEO friendly
- Evangelize SEO best practices and share SEO progress with relevant teams/stakeholders as needed
- Regularly engage with the SEO team, as well as the broader SEO community, to discuss new tactics, monitor for trends, identify algorithm updates, etc
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5 years of experience working in SEO, and a demonstrable understanding of SEO best practices
- Excellent writer and communicator with a team-oriented outlook
- Strong background with keyword research
- Experience expanding the value, relevance and intent of keywords as they relate to respective campaigns
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Search Console, and an understanding of how to use this data to improve search visibility and user experience
- Expert at Excel or Google sheets, Google Data Studio, SEMrush, Ahrefs, MOZ or analogous keyword research tools, as well as social listening tools (buzzsumo, etc.) and crawling tools (Screaming frog etc.)
Nice to Have:
- Experience working on highly-trafficked consumer-facing websites
- Experience in (or passion for) the health space
- Familiarity with SEO A/B testing, video SEO, and/or news SEO
Compensation decisions are determined using a variety of factors such as skill set, experience, and education or certifications. If we extend an offer for employment, we will consider all individual qualifications. Below are our salary ranges for this position based on office location:
San Francisco Office: $143,000 - $229,000
Seattle & New York Office: $131,000 - $210,000
GoodRx also offers additional compensation programs such as annual cash bonuses and annual equity grants for most positions as well as generous benefits. Our great benefits offerings include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a company match, an ESPP, unlimited vacation, 11 paid holidays, and 72 hours of sick leave. GoodRx also offers additional benefits like mental wellness and financial wellness programs, fertility benefits, supplemental life insurance for you and your dependents, company-paid short-term and long-term disability, and more!
At GoodRx, we deeply value in-person connection and collaboration and feel that is key to our company culture. GoodRx is a hybrid work environment and we ask employees to be in the office a minimum of twice a week to one of our hubs in Seattle, San Fransisco and New York City.
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don't necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we'd love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved over $60 billion using GoodRx and millions of consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com .