Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type 2 diabetes and other chronic metabolic diseases without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission - to reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
If you love email marketing, compiling and analyzing big data and making sense of it, this role is for you. This role will run email operations and implementation for the vast majority of Virta’s B2B2C email marketing. Initially, the role will focus on email operations and execution. As Virta grows, you will be able to expand to more advanced email marketing, including marketing automation, strategic analytics, and demand generation. This role requires significant cross-functional collaboration with fun and diverse team members. We value autonomy, critical thinking, self-starting, a growth mindset, and problem-solving.Responsibilities:
- Create and deploy periodic and ad-hoc email campaigns to increase patient enrollment in Virta.
- Set up email whitelisting and strategies for increasing deliverability rates, improving inbox placement, and maintaining email reputation.
- Develop new email templates and improve existing ones through Marketo and email HTML coding.
- Perform A/B tests, analyze the results, and present learnings.
- Monitor email metrics and compile into reports, analyze delivery and conversion rates.
- Support lead and data management, maintain high degree of email hygiene, enforce email best practices.
- Use data to optimize the customer journey, from initial awareness to enrollment.
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Launch the email marketing campaign for 20 new Virta customers.
- Develop the next generation of Virta’s email templates, including dual language and mobile-optimized.
- Improve Virta’s email deliverability, IP address reputation and inbox placement.
- Work on an integration to automate post-event email nurture campaigns.
- Run an A/B test to better understand our customer journey.
- 3-5+ years of total experience, of which 2+ years in high-volume and hands-on email marketing (implementation), including:
- Coding and updating HTML email templates
- A/B testing, trigger logic, and cadence analysis
- Managing and refreshing audience lists
- Experience working with email marketing automation platforms
- Strong preference for experience with Marketo
- Demonstrated passion for email marketing, with desire to grow in the email marketing field
- Experience in manipulating data in Google Sheets/Excel
Bonus points for:
- Proven record of creating, deploying and improving high-impact, unique marketing campaigns.
- Marketing operations experience, preferably for online services.
- Prior lead and data management experience (list ingestion, database hygiene and clean-up, lead gen attribution and segmentation, etc).
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.