SEO Director at RingCentral
Title: SEO Director
Job Type: Full time
Location: Belmont, CA or US (remote)
Say hello to possibilities.
It’s not everyday that you consider starting a new career. We’re RingCentral, and we’re happy that someone as talented as you is considering this role.
First, a little about us, we’re a global leader in cloud-based communications and collaboration software. We are fundamentally changing the nature of human interaction—giving people the freedom to connect powerfully and personally from anywhere, at any time, on any device.
We’re a $1.5 billion company that’s growing at 30+% annually and we’re expanding our Marketing Team to make sure we stay ahead of the competition.
The Web team is looking for a Director to oversee Global SEO strategy and execution. This leader will oversee a team of ten SEO specialists and content writers.
We are looking for an experienced SEO professional to help build an outstanding web experience alongside a growing SEO team. Ideal candidates have an entrepreneurial spirit, effective interpersonal skills, and are a proficient storyteller. You'll be at the forefront of redefining the SEO program and taking it to new heights through innovation, creativity, and a drive for growth.
Working in close partnership with team members across the organization, this position will help drive strategy, key initiatives, and the roadmap for organic search projects in collaboration to deliver innovative experiences for our customers.
What You'll Do
- Develop, socialize, and champion an SEO content strategy, backed by data and forecasts, for Ring Central globally
- Help define and execute a strategic content roadmap in partnership with cross-functional partners.
- Lead and educate colleagues on strategy development, SEO standard methodologies, keyword research, and opportunity analyses.
- Balance several initiatives efficiently and in parallel, and shift priorities as needed.
- Partner with data science, product, marketing, international, and technical teams to track and report on SEO performance.
- Continuously identify new SEO growth opportunities by analyzing existing content architecture, keyword constructs, and data/traffic metrics.
- Keep up with SEO industry trends and methodologies.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to integrate SEO standards during site redesigns, new product rollouts, migrations, major and minor enhancements, and new site features.
- Have a clear point of view and ability to present convincingly to executives, partners, and vendors.
- Provide regular updates to team members & key partners on project status, timelines, and results.
What You Need To Succeed
- Minimum 7 years of hands-on SEO experience; minimum 2 years’ experience in people management; search-intent focus and a real passion for SEO.
- Must have experience with enterprise websites, cultures, and work environments.
- Outstanding communication skills: strong ability to frame stories, and make clear, impactful recommendations; can influence and align cross-functional teams toward common goals; can communicate technical information clearly to non-technical audiences.
- Creative, results-oriented, and analytical problem solver with a passion to drive growth for the business.
- You're a hardworking and creative self-starter with a mind for innovation, with demonstrated ability to successfully drive complex issues rooted in data.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to an always-evolving organization and search industry.
- Effective and efficient project management capabilities; capable of appropriately prioritizing multiple ad hoc requests.
- You are comfortable using data to identify and analyze areas for improvements, excellent at both quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Familiarity with popular SEO industry tools and resources including Adobe Analytics, Google Search Console, BrightEdge, Screaming Frog, Deep Crawl, and Ahrefs to glean valuable insights and findings from data.
What we offer:
RingCentral offers all the work/life benefits you could ever want, (and none of the micromanagement.)
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance
Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSAs) and Commuter Benefits
401K match and ESPP
Wellness programs including 1:1 wellness coaching through TaskHuman and meditation guidance through Headspace
Paid parental leave and new parent gift boxes
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with counseling sessions available 24/7
Rocket Lawyer services that provide legal advice, document creation and estate planning
Employee bonus referral program
RingCentral’s Marketing team uses data, strategy and creativity to share our story with the world—and this is a once-in-a-career chance to help plan, coordinate, implement, and oversee it. As part of the global leader in the Unified Communications space, you’ll be supported with the resources to produce work that not only moves the needle, but moves markets.
RingCentral’s work culture is the backbone of our success. And don’t just take our word for it: we are recognized as a Best Place to Work by Glassdoor, the Top Work Culture by Comparably and hold local BPTW awards in every major location. Bottom line: We are committed to hiring and retaining great people because we know you power our success. RingCentral offers on-site, remote and hybrid work options optimized for the ways we work and live now.
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.