SEO Manager (Link Building) at Instacart
Our digital marketing team is highly analytical, moves fast and is focused on delivering quantifiable results. In this role, you will be responsible for getting more people to shop for groceries using Instacart.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Oversee SEO link building strategy and execution and growing traffic to Instacart.com
- Self generate links by promoting excellent internal content to your own blogging, social media and journalist networks or leveraging networks of internal teams
- Manage and evaluate external link building vendors. Work with internal partnership and brands teams to get links from retailers, brands and press
- Measure and analyze the effectiveness and ROI of all link building activities
- Work with social media teams to Identify and engage social media influencers – communities, brands and publishers.
- Engage internal subject matter experts to become occasional content contributors and moderators to generate link worthy content
- Working with SEO content manager to develop a planned editorial calendar as well publishing on the fly. Proven experience executing on time whilst facing all levels of challenge
- Explain SEO traffic patterns and understand all search engine algorithm changes
- Monitoring SEO trends and staying current with latest SEO technologies
- Prioritize initiatives with internal stakeholders across Marketing, Product, Engineering and Data Science
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year in SEO or 4+ years in Marketing, Online Marketing, Public Relations, Community Management, Journalism, Social Media or related fields
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format and build and maintain relationships both internally and externally. Must be a people person and be happy to lead other groups at times through expertise
- A good mix of analytical rigor, strategic thinker and wondrous creativity
- Understanding the corporate sensitivities that content and link building can create and be able to spot and avoid common mistakes / pitfalls. Demonstrated good judgment in external communications
- An enthusiastic, can-do attitude. A problem solver able to work autonomously. Comfortable with strategic planning as well as implementing the details
- Ability to run backlink analysis reports and use tools such as Ahrefs, SEMRush, Moz etc
- Nice to have: An excellent self cultivated network or industry contacts with large networks that you can leverage. Experience communicating with influential and active niche bloggers and community members including the ability to moderate, guide and stimulate conversations
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.