Social Media Community Manager
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing challenger banking company in the U.S., with over 5M accounts and no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge hidden fees, gives members early access to their paychecks, and helps them grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $300M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, and others. If you’re looking to join a small but fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Social Media Community Manager to support Chime’s marketing team and help run our social media channels. Success in this role means handling day-to-day community response across all of Chime’s social media channels, responding to current and potential Chime members in a timely and authentic manner, and proactively supporting the marketing and growth team with their day-to-day operations.
- Day-to-day management of community response and outreach across Chime’s social media channels including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Medium and YouTube.
- Active community participation and conversation; manage online discussions by listening and responding to users (where appropriate) in a timely and authentic manner. Escalate issues as needed and provide feedback on community happenings.
- Collaboration with Member Services team to assist Chime members with account related issues and questions via social media channels.
- Monitor and track brand mentions, relevant discussion topics, and conversations; prepare weekly reports to update team members on insights and opportunities.
- Identify, track, and analyze trends in conversation topics; implement a tagging and reporting system to measure and communicate community insights.
- Proactively monitor brand topics/news stories and provide suggestions for timely content and conversations.
- Research and identify influencers and associated communities that provide growth opportunities for Chime. Gather testimonials and feedback from Chime members.
- Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, business, and/or related field.
- At least 1+ year of experience managing social media platforms or communities for brands.
- Organized and accountable. Very high attention to detail. Thorough, quick to follow through and follow up.
- Must have strong verbal and writing/grammatical skills as well as ability to present information and ideas logically and clearly.
- Possess a strong sense of empathy, a real passion for social media marketing, and dedication to quality, accuracy, and consistency.
- Collaborative teammate able to work effectively across teams.
- Effective at prioritization and time management.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment. Flexible and effective at dealing with changes in direction or priority.
- Proactive and takes initiative to tackle problems, and looks for opportunities to improve projects and processes.
- Experience working with social care tools such as Spredfast, Sprinklr, Zendesk or others.
- Relevant working experience in marketing campaign development and execution.
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, with medical and dental benefits.
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.