DoorDash is looking for an analytical, strategic growth marketer to lead SEO and conversion optimization & activation strategy for its consumer marketplace business. As someone who is equally comfortable jumping into the weeds to solve technical problems & developing long-term strategy and vision to communicate to the executive team, you will tackle some of the biggest challenges and opportunities at DoorDash - growing our consumer base without spending marketing dollars to do so. You will work closely with product & engineering to develop technical growth roadmaps for improving our traffic via technical page improvements & expansion, while also partnering with our brand and content teams to find more opportunities to get in front of consumers. You will identify new ways to convert organic and paid traffic more effectively by optimizing the user journey through landing page testing and app deeplinking. Above all, you will relentlessly pursue consumer growth in this highly strategic, visible and cross-functional role.
You are deeply technical and analytical - you love getting to the lowest level of detail to identify optimization opportunities, and you have the experience to know where to look. You’ve successfully scaled SEO programs in the past through technical optimization and content expansion. You have strategic vision and can communicate opportunity upwards to leaders and executives. You effectively prioritize roadmaps and project manage across product, engineering and analytics teams. You understand the consumer and can create personalized landing pages and experiences to improve conversion and activation. You have a bias to action and proactively identify areas for growth, owning the outcome.
What you’ll do:
- Own overall organic consumer growth for DoorDash’s marketplace business
- Improve organic consumer traffic growth through search engine optimization - ensuring we rank higher for existing pages through technical optimization & we show up for relevant searches via content expansion and new page creation
- Identify areas for organic app growth through app store tracking and optimization
- Convert new customer traffic more effectively through landing page testing, app deeplinking, and product improvements
- Collaborate with product and engineering to develop prioritized roadmaps for organic growth across search and direct traffic
- Measure the effectiveness of efforts through close partnership with analytics and BI, developing tracking dashboards and alerts for trend breaks
- Assist in international and language expansion through site and app localization
- Help grow new business verticals through page optimization and content development
- Work closely with finance and analytics to create forecasts for organic growth
- Quickly catch bugs/issues and act urgently to address
- 7+ years of experience in SEO & organic growth for a consumer-facing business
- 3+ years managing a team and communicating with executive leaders
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to leverage analytics and work with complex datasets to understand performance, optimize campaigns, drive decision-making, and measure outcomes
- Experience working with businesses that drive growth through both app & web channels a plus (ASO experience a plus)
- Technical proficiency in Google Analytics, SQL, Tableau/Chartio (data visualization software), and SEO-specific tools
- Positive, upbeat attitude
- Relentless focus on improvement
- Experience in managing large consumer marketplaces
- Interest and passion in on-demand logistics
- Quirky interests - we think different, we act different, we are different; that’s how we win \
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national restaurants in more than 600 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.