Sr. Public Relations and Communications Manager at Cisco Meraki
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the landscape of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
Meraki is looking for a hardworking storyteller to help us amplify the Meraki brand to a wide range of audiences from the small mom and pop shop to the largest enterprises around the world. We’re looking for someone to develop impactful PR programs that build brand awareness of the Meraki vision and product lines. Strategic, flexible, and resourceful, you thrive on building the right kind of buzz and creating excitement for Meraki. As an integral member of the Marketing team, you work closely with the Head of Corporate Communications, product managers, Cisco counterparts, and other teams in the company to execute creative tactics in support of our goals and product priorities.What you will do:
- Develop and lead integrated corporate communications programs that encompass media and influencer relations, digital communications and social media strategy.
- Define, develop, and coordinate end-to-end execution of global PR strategy and programs to drive awareness for Meraki brand and products
- Lead Meraki’s PR efforts in partnership with Cisco, including product launches, reviews, awards, speaking programs, coverage reporting. Contribute to the development of PR and marketing communication strategies in partnership with Market Strategy and Integrated Marketing teams
- Collaborate with Content Marketing team to turn original content and research into newsworthy PR campaigns and contributions
- Partner and collaborate with the Cisco PR and Corporate Communications teams to align messaging, launch/release dates, briefings, insights and strategies
- Build relationships with relevant media, analysts and event managers
- Prepare and train company executives and spokespeople for media interviews and speaking engagements, and offer constructive feedback
- Write and edit statements, press releases, contributed stories, presentations and other PR & Communications’ materials
- Oversee and evaluate meetings, briefings and interviews with press
- Cross-functional collaboration with Sales and Product teams to drive engagement through PR efforts
- Demonstrate high judgment in the face of time-sensitive, ambiguous situations
- 9+ years of PR, Communications or related experience
- Bachelor of Arts degree; focus in marketing or communications a plus
- Exceptional writing/editing skills and the ability to adopt the style, tone and voice of our business
- Knowledge of social media/networking platforms and monitoring tools
- You're highly ambitious and love to work collaboratively
- Real passion for working in a dynamic environment, with multiple, simultaneous projects often with tight deadlines
- Background in building communications/media campaigns
- Strong project management skills
- You multitask while still paying attention to detail.
- Shown ability to develop and deliver strategic communications plans — you can demonstrate successful outcomes from communications activities where they have conceptualized, developed and executed a communications plan.
- Enthusiasm for reading, technology, and lifelong learning.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.