Sr. SEO Lead at Chime (San Francisco, CA)
About the role
Chime is seeking an SEO expert to join our marketing team as the Senior SEO Lead. In this role you will define and drive Chime’s SEO strategy and drive step-change growth to our Organic Performance.
An ideal candidate has a track record of leading the strategy and execution of complex, cross-functional SEO programs in a results-driven environment. You have a data-driven mindset, lead with a customer-centric approach, take an analytic approach to problem-solving and have a strong understanding of what data drives impact.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $146,610 and up to $207,700. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In This Role, You Can Expect To
- Define a multi-year SEO roadmap maximizing web, SEO, content, and lead-gen partnerships to drive growth
- Lead SEO initiatives that drive customer acquisition, improve website visibility, and achieve performance goals
- Partner with Analytics to establish a clear measurement framework, define critical metrics, track and analyze performance, and demonstrate business impact.
- Collaborate with web and editorial content to inform content development and roadmaps to improve organic performance
- Cultivate a culture of testing and experimentation to drive innovation, apply findings, and uncover optimization opportunities that increase acquisition and deliver best-in-class member experiences.
- Establish systems of governance and standards, define technical requirements and resources needed to complete short and long term plans.
- Keep Chime’s mission and member’s needs top of mind as you strategize and curate content.
To Thrive In This Role, You Have
- Proven track record of generating and converting organic traffic to deliver growth at a DTC brand through highly scalable SEO initiatives
- Experience working with Editorial Content teams and agencies to build compelling SEO content
- Demonstrated experience in SEO fundamentals and understanding of the interaction between site architecture and content to deliver organic traffic performance.
- Data-driven decision-making, experience analyzing insights to inform web strategies and testing roadmaps, with hands-on experience performing A/B tests, lift measurement studies, running experiments at scale, and managing related testing tools.
- Strong leadership presence with the ability to lead, influence, and direct projects and processes across multiple teams.
- Experience developing a team of direct and indirect reports of varying career levels - Demonstrated coaching skills and ability to inspire team members.
- Comfort working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with the ability to thrive in ambiguity
- 6+ years of proven experience in content marketing, organic growth marketing, web optimization
A Little About Us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What We Offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.