User Acquisition Manager
Skillz is the largest mobile platform that matches players around the world in fair competition for real prizes. The company helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties.
Hundreds of millions of people play and compete with others in mobile games, but the majority of game developers struggle to achieve break-through success due to rising customer acquisition costs and diluted discovery in the app stores. Skillz is changing the game by giving developers the platform, tools and support services to achieve higher player engagement, retention and revenue. Skillz works with 20,000+ game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 2 billion tournaments for 30 million mobile players worldwide.
Skillz is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings, as well as the National Football League’s investment arm, 32 Equity. The company has earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
- Own new product/game launches to enable and optimize 8-figure monthly marketing budgets
- Make recommendations to improve the player experience based on analysis
- Create and own weekly report sent to leadership on initiatives and progress
- Support hiring, onboarding, and mentoring of junior teams members to aid in team success
- Interface with content and sales teams to keep a prioritized list of upcoming games and product launches
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience performing quantitative or strategic analysis, preferably in marketing, consulting, or product development
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives that require significant collaboration between different departments, including both technical and business teams
- Self-starter with a ‘don’t take no for an answer’ attitude and strong communication skills
- Ability to solve unstructured problems independently by developing and applying appropriate analytical frameworks or techniques
- Experience using data visualization platforms and connecting data insights to strategy
- Nice-to-have: SQL experience, MBA, and advanced degree
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.