Vice President, Product Marketing at NextRoll
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer for our AdRoll business, the Vice President, Product Marketing will lead and drive the strategy for the AdRoll product marketing team. Our mission is to successfully take AdRoll products to market, enable AdRoll to establish a strong market presence and gain market share—ultimately accelerating growth of our business.
The VP, Product Marketing leads the GTM strategy for the AdRoll BU through partnering with sales, success, product, design and engineering, business intelligence, revenue operations and the wider marketing team. Our product marketing team sits at the intersection of Voice of Customer, Voice of Product and Voice of Market. Your responsibilities span the gamut from strategic to tactical and everything in between—market and quantitative analysis, product strategy including pricing and packaging, product planning, program strategy, sales readiness and channel support.
The VP, Product Marketing will guide a team of product marketing professionals to help contextualize the customer and the market for AdRoll and contextualize our product for the business unit, customer, and market. You’ll be accountable for successful product launches and maximizing customer value delivery through product and feature adoption. This leader will serve as a resource for our sales and success teams from an education and enablement perspective, and for our product teams in prioritization and opportunity sizing.
This role is open in our San Francisco, New York, Salt Lake City offices, or remote.
Our work environment is one where ambition thrives and so will you. We help every employee discover their full potential by giving them opportunities to expand their skill set and develop their career at NextRoll. Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we're committed to helping all of our employees learn and grow.The impact you’ll make:
- Own the GTM strategy, ensuring the successful rollout of new features and offerings (positioning, sales education, materials, and feedback for iteration)
- Be the voice of the customer in the development process and partner with the product team to ensure we deliver solutions that deliver customer value. Provide a single, synthesized, view of our customer that is actionable across the whole business.
- Grow, engage, and develop your team to drive the overall success of our GTM strategy and product marketing methodologies
- Work cross-functionally with Product Management, Design, Engineering, Sales, Success to align business-wide activities around reaching our Ideal Customer Profile and key customer segments with relevant messaging
- Develop market analysis including market research, market problem definition, market sizing and business competitive analysis to feed our product strategy
- Define, own, and manage AdRoll’s voice in all communications, evangelizing content standards that will be used throughout the entire company
- Actively engage the industry analyst community, educating them on AdRoll’s ecommerce marketing platform and its future roadmap, driving favorable positioning in analyst reports
- 12+ years of marketing experience, 5+ years experience in digital media and online marketing, product marketing and prior go-to-market experience, a requirement
- 3-5+ years successfully leading a team through rapid growth and change
- In depth experience with SaaS pricing and packaging including analytical rigor, market and competitive knowledge and awareness, as well as a theoretical and operational understanding of the pros/cons of different pricing/packaging strategies.
- Strong knowledge of the ad and marketing technology ecosystem including major platforms, data tracking mechanisms, privacy implications, etc. Bonus points for prior experience marketing to ecommerce brands or in the ecommerce tech ecosystem.
- Experience in owning a global product marketing organization and achieving goals like market share, product usage and adoption, customer NPS, etc. and supporting brand metrics.
- Highly collaborative, highly empathetic and can build relationships/trust quickly.
- BA/BS degree, MBA preferred - management consulting experience a plus
- Competitive salary, equity, and fully covered medical
- 4 weeks of paid time off and work/life balance
- Up to 12 weeks of paid family leave (care for a family member, bond with a new child, etc.)
- Up to 6 weeks of paid disability leave (up to 12 weeks for pregnancy disability leave)
- Join a community of fellow Rollers as a member of one of our Employee Resource Groups
- Ample opportunities to volunteer with local organizations with NextRoll Gives Back
AdRoll is an e-commerce marketing platform that gives growing direct-to-consumer (D2C) brands the power to connect with people everywhere they go online. The AdRoll platform is fueled by our pioneering use of machine learning to analyze real-time performance advertising data – and that early work is why more than 120,000 brands have relied on us since 2007. We believe in shopping local, shopping small, and giving every e-commerce marketer across fashion, beauty, health & wellness, travel, and more, the marketing automation – aka superpowers – they need to connect with customers and grow their business.
We are committed to building diverse teams of “Rollers” and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please notify us to request accommodation.