Administrative Assistant - Global Sales at Cisco Meraki
This Administrative Assistant role will provide support for three of our senior sales leaders based in San Francisco and remotely in the US. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Administrative Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
For the right candidate this role offers the ability to take on increasing levels of support and gain a front seat view of a large, high-growth business.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is occasionally confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; compiling documents for travel-related meetings
- Plan, coordinate, and ensure schedule is followed and appropriately prioritized; keeping them well-informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of, the supported staff on a range of issues
- Plan and execute team events including related travel occasionally
- Take on special projects as needed
- Minimum 2 years experience in Administrative Assistant role or similar
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Google applications (Calendar, Docs, Sheets)
- Bachelor's degree required
- Work out of our San Francisco, CA headquarters
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.