Assistant Regional Hub Manager, Caviar for Companies at DoorDash
Caviar for Companies specializes in food delivery from local restaurants providing end-to-end service to companies nationwide. Our product suite includes Individual, Group and Catering. We exist to make companies eat better, work better, live better.
Hubs are the epicenter of our catering operations, and serve as the intersection of our inventory and people operations. Catering Captains (the folks who serve food at clients) are in and out of hubs throughout the week, ensuring that they and our client-sites have the needed supplies to service client orders – this means confirming food orders to ensure the right food is leaving the restaurants, picking up inventory as needed, and even relaxing after a hard day of work in the Captain lounge. Our hub inventory teams pick and pack supplies and organize shipments for captains to provide to clients to ensure everything runs smoothly for both our captains and our clients.About the Role
As the Assistant Regional Hub Manager, you maintain and improve upon the operational and inventory health of the San Francisco Catering Hub. You ensure your team has the resources they need so they can perform the work that supports diverse teams driving our growth. You will ensure best practices, propose practical process changes, and ensure the hub is a healthy, happy, efficient working site. You will work collaboratively with hub teams, support, account management, sales, human resources, engineering and operating staff to do soYou’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be the voice and an inspiring manager for inventory and facilities operations at the hub
- Build strong relationships with Captains, identifying contributors who can perform the inventory work required at the hub
- Help develop and implement all needed processes, ensuring consistency of their use in your hub
- Manage a team of coordinators and captains responsible for overseeing inventory and facilities performance
- Own the performance management of your team, along with their professional development
- Support all central operations initiatives including implementing systems, process changes and maintaining company facility policies
- Ensure your hub meets labor utilization and cost-efficiency goals by applying data to guide your team on best practices
- Collaborate with internal partners and functions to ensure our goals are met and that we continue developing an outstanding product
- Help refine operational processes and efficiency
- 2+ years of experience in operations management, general management, or restaurant management
- An “if you don’t see it, build it” approach
- A process-driven nature and attention to detail
- A bias for action. You move quickly to get things done when you see them the first time.
- Burgeoning people management skills with experience managing a team of hourly employees
- Ability to analyze and solve problems using informative inquiry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an understanding of how to tailor messages for audiences of several backgrounds, levels, and abilities to effectively provide employees instruction on process and practice
- Strong knowledge in MS Excel or Google Sheets
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.