Associate Manager, Payment Operations at Coinbase
We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got good vibes. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
As a Payment Operations Manager, you’ll directly manage and tend to the operations of a high-performing global team of payment professionals! Our team’s work is a critical part of Coinbase achieving its mission by increasing financial freedom for all. At Coinbase, we have a high hiring bar and we’re dedicated to cultivating an accessible, inclusive place to work.
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Responsible for supporting, coaching, mentoring, & managing a global team of analysts and providing insights on workflows and best practices.
- Serve as a decision-maker for hi-priority cases and complex investigations.
- Utilize an in-depth understanding of metrics to analyze and report on contact trends, issues and to make thoughtful, data-informed staffing decisions.
- Work with customer advocacy to operationalize and staff new product support, processes, and procedures.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and vendor partners to improve cross-functional policies and workflows.
- Drive the team’s efficient execution through strategy and prioritization.
- Maintain an investigative mindset to help address critical compliance issues while building operational processes to develop and maintain our program at scale.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Excited by Coinbase's mission and the opportunity to create a seamless support experience for our global customer community.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, preferably in banking, financial services, technology, and/or customer experience.
- Flexible, creative, and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast paced organization, including working across time zones.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Fantastic interpersonal / communication skills in order to operate across multiple departments, stakeholders, and timezones
- Excellent planning / strategy skills; able to manage multiple priorities and tasks
- Experience working with payments.
Nice to haves
- Familiarity with non-US fiat payment methods.
- Experience working with a global, distributed team.
- Experience with compliance, fraud, account access, trust and safety, or other relevant operational domains.
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.