Business Operations Manager at Bolt
!Sorry, this job was removed at 5:41 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, March 18, 2020
BizOps is a partner to the senior leadership at Bolt, working across the entirety of the business to drive and enable growth. The team leads mission critical, cross-functional efforts, delivering objective analysis and insights, incubating new roles, and executing on strategic initiatives.
On a given week the BizOps team might be working on complex excel models, debugging our hiring process, or working on laying the groundwork for expansion. Week-to-week and day-to-day there is a lot of variety.
Bolt is looking for a manager to lead the BizOps team - identifying key needs across the business, allocating projects and ensuring their successful completion, and working with each BizOps team member to provide coaching and mentorship. You will also manage the new Business Intelligence team (will have about 1-2 team members for 2020).
We see this role as something that you’ll do for 18-24 months before finding a more permanent position inside of our growing company. You’ll have a high degree of autonomy but also significant mentorship and opportunity for growth.
Ideal candidates come from highly rigorous academic and professional backgrounds.
- Manage the projects that the BizOps team works on, making sure projects are allocated properly against company level goals and team needs
- Manage BizOps team members including performance reviews, mentorship, and ensuring projects all well allocated across the team
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the business to ensure it is operating as successfully as possible, stepping in to help drive improvements as needed
- Synthesize highlights and progress of strategic initiatives for executive consumption
- Perform analyses and research to deliver recommendations on key strategic questions and initiatives
- Partner with other teams to help them execute on important strategic initiatives or drive operational scale and efficiency
- Own certain business functions by incubating and helping run new teams
- Dig into potential product offerings to guide future growth
- Ensure Bolt has the structure to scale through rapid growth by implementing business and operational systems
- Develop a holistic understanding of Bolt’s business and be able to apply the multidisciplinary thinking to all your analysis and execution
You can be described as follows...
- A strong manager who effectively leads teammates and direct reports to work through complex problems
- Excellent ability to develop relationships at all levels, working well across teams and with external partners
- Self-motivated, low ego, and always ready to roll up your sleeves and work on the hard problems
- Comfortable working in a high growth, constantly changing environment
- Process oriented with a high capacity to lead people and get stuff done
- A mentality for identifying and fixing problems and issues
- Strong strategic and analytical abilities
- Strong pattern of academic and/or professional achievement
Nice to haves
- 5+ years of work experience in finance, consulting, tech or other rigorous environment
- Understanding of technology and experience with various tools (e.g. SQL, Excel, Python, Asana)
- Experience in the payments space
- Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Read Full Job Description