Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
In this role, you'll serve as the head of Coinbase’s Pricing team. You’ll be responsible for originating, building, and leading a group designed to shape Coinbase’s pricing strategy across its products, taking into account our users’ needs, our product strategy, competitive dynamics, and Coinbase’s near and long-term business objectives. You will partner with product and engineering leaders to develop, test and implement pricing recommendations across the organization. Successful candidates for this position will be highly logical thinkers, curious learners, and experienced managers - preferably with broad experience in pricing.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Lead teams to structure complex, and frequently ambiguous, strategic pricing problems for the Coinbase leadership team
- Define clear hypotheses to identify new opportunities, and build business cases and quantitative models that will inform and influence pricing strategy
- Partner with senior product leadership, using quantitative and qualitative data to define pricing changes, design experiments, and implement those changes across our retail and institutional products
- Develop a deep understanding of our peer and competitor positioning to inform your recommendations
- Serve as a talent magnet to build and develop a world-class pricing team
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- BA / BS degree or equivalent practical experience (MBA a plus)
- 8+ years of experience at a top-tier management consulting firm and/or tech or financial services
- History of leading pricing teams in either a professional services or industry capacity
- Strong quantitative skills (with statistics, modeling, and/or SQL a plus)
- Outstanding executive-level verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for solving complex problems, and building scalable processes
- Comfort working in a high growth, constantly changing environment
Nice to haves:
- Experience shaping B2C or B2B pricing for new and existing products
- Industry pricing experience in the tech and/or financial services space
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.