Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and lifesaving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people
About you and the role
Zipline is rapidly expanding our on-demand healthcare delivery solution across the African continent, and much of this growth is propelled by partnerships with multilateral, bilateral and philanthropic organizations in the global health community. Read here about how we partnered with GAVI and UPS to deliver Covid-19 vaccines in Ghana. We are looking for a Business Strategist with world-class analytical skills and business savvy to help advance the work of the Global Health Partnerships team. This person will be responsible for articulating Zipline’s value proposition to donors and strategic partners through a uniquely quantitative lens and narrative. Success requires a command over the drivers in Zipline’s business, ability to derive inputs from conversations with potential partners, adeptness at building relationships, and stellar communication and presentation skills.
Travel: Up to 25%
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with sales / business development leads to design bespoke partnership structures and strategies
- Build compelling models that quantify Zipline’s value for money, specifically as it relates to donor-funded programs, pioneering use case development, and value-added services
- Serve as a thought partner in the development of new health delivery use cases and programs, approaching the situation from a distinctly quantitative perspective
- Be intimately familiar with Zipline’s business and operating model, and leverage this knowledge to create target pricing for new programs and commercial pilot opportunities
- Create tailored content, including presentations and proposals that evangelize Zipline’s capabilities and resonate with our target audience
- Partner with sales / business development leads to rigorously qualify opportunities, and provide ad hoc analysis support to help advance opportunities through the pipeline
- Attend client meetings and participate in the discovery process; incorporate research and information from stakeholder conversations into case and proposal development
- Collaborate with Operations, Data, and Health Systems Integration teams to proactively identify ways to share quantitative insights, and establish frameworks for regular reporting to donors and partners
- Work cross-functionally, aligning closely with Africa go-to-market team goals and building relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels of the Zipline organization
- Follow developments in public health, including new project and grant activity
What you’ll bring
- 6+ years in highly analytical and strategic roles, such as management consulting, investment banking, or business operations
- Experience working in health, international development, and / or health supply chain fields highly preferred
- Experience working with global health institutions and donor organizations preferred
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills that build confidence and credibility
- Advanced financial modeling and project management skills
- Exceptional ability to analyze business situations from multiple viewpoints to identify gaps and opportunities, and align proposals with the prospect’s strategy and goals
- Ability to support multiple large opportunities or programs simultaneously
- Collaborative approach that includes working with multiple groups both internally and externally
- Entrepreneurial mindset, self-sufficiency, and adaptability
Location: can be flexible (during & post-covid).
What else you need to know
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!