Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
Planet is seeking a motivated, detail oriented, and creative individual to join our Sales Operations team as a Manager of Channel Operations. The position will report into the VP of Sales Operations with a dotted line to the VP of Channels. The position will work closely with other members of Planet's Sales Operations team to support a variety of sales related initiatives involving our channel driven routes to market across North America, Europe, and Asia.
This position will work cross-functionally with several organizations at Planet (including sales, marketing, operations, finance, and support) with the primary objective of enabling sales leadership to make effective, analytically driven, and strategic operating decisions. The role will be primarily focused on working with cross-functional groups to improve efficiency through automation and process alignment, provide general database and program support, and evaluate various sales performance indicators.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and entrepreneurship, interested in learning about best practices involving sales and marketing, intellectually curious, a fast learner, and able to adapt quickly while keeping focused on high impact projects.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Manage channel related projects and programs focused on implementing go-to-market strategies, process improvements, and system enhancements.
- Be our expert with Salesforce.com, and work with Channel leaders to optimize our implementation to support our channel strategy.
- Collaborate with Planet's Partner Business Managers in the field to resolve operational issues impacting their partners; Drive partner adoption & adherence with our processes and systems.
- Support Partner Business Managers, work with them to build business consistency across all channels, globally.
- Audit and maintain processes to ensure the accuracy of the data quality within the Salesforce.com database.
- Build, run, and analyze reports and dashboards to provide insight into the channel business.
- Interface daily with the Planet Partner Business teams, customers, and partners.
- Track all partner metrics (pipeline, bookings, deal registrations, adoption, certifications, etc.); identify trends and recommendations for channel management.
- Design and/or improve existing sales and operational processes as the organization evolves.
- Partner with management to develop monthly and quarterly business reviews, metrics, & presentations.
- Respond to ad hoc requests flowing into the sales operations group from various teams, regarding reports, processes, requests for assistance, and or general support.
- Own & maintain process and training documentation for channel applications, reports, & business processes.
- Continuous identification of opportunities for process improvement. Assist sales management in understanding and resolving process bottlenecks and inconsistencies towards operational excellence.
What You Bring:
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or equivalent
- 5-7 years of previous sales operations and/or finance experience or equivalent
- Proficient with MS Office Suite. Advanced level Excel skills preferred
- Experience with salesforce.com required
- Ability to take initiative, work flexibly, and set priorities with minimal direct supervision
- Strong analytical skills, disciplined attention to detail, highly organized and thorough
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments with competing deadlines
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Compensation (For Colorado Applicants Only):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $106,200- $143,100. This role is eligible for commission and equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, and other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.