We are seeking a Chief of Staff to report to the President of the AdRoll BU. In this role, you will be responsible for managing strategic initiatives and operating processes on behalf of the President from concept to implementation in a fast-paced business and act as a member of the AdRoll leadership team. We're looking for someone with experience in change management and high emotional intelligence to understand how to work with people and achieve shared outcomes. You’ll become a “force multiplier” for the President and leadership team ensuring their time and attention are focused on the highest impact initiatives.Responsibilities:
- You will help define and drive the AdRoll operating cadence
- You will lead strategic cross-functional BU initiatives
- You will partner with finance to facilitate the planning process
- You will partner with finance, revenue operations and business intelligence to develop reporting
- You will represent and serve as a trusted proxy for the President in meetings and projects
- Analytic thinking: identify and understand complex issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for recommending a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Operational effectiveness: build effective working relationships with all members of leadership, understand how people, process and technology work together (and not in isolation), system level thinking not functional level thinking, synthesizing and summarizing, clarity of communication
- Emotional intelligence: ability to read situations and people, understand team and functional dynamics, be seen as a proxy for the President and sought out for their counsel, be able to influence outcomes even without owning resources, identify “early warning’ signals across the company of brewing storms and be able to dispel through clarity of purpose and communication
- Minimum of 5 years in an operating role within a technology business
- Minimum of 2 years in a strategy consulting role or similar role with a rigorous approach to analytical thinking
- Previous experience as a Chief of Staff preferable but not essential
- BA/BS but with a strong preference for an MBA
- Rapid learner comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to gain trust and build relationships
- Gritty and resilient with an ability to overcome hurdles and setbacks
- Deeply analytical with a high attention to detail
- Ambitious and efficient with limited resources
- Multi-tasker who can effortlessly switch context and prioritize with sound business acumen
- Strong, consistent communicator up, down and across an organization
- Good intuition on the appropriate level of process in a dynamic environment
- Views themselves as a facilitator not a gatekeeper
AdRoll, a division of NextRoll, is an ecommerce marketing platform that gives growing direct-to-consumer (D2C) brands the power to connect with people everywhere they go online. The AdRoll Platform is fueled by our pioneering use of machine learning to analyze real-time performance advertising data – and that early work is why more than 120k brands have relied on us since 2007. We believe in shopping local, shopping small, and giving every ecommerce marketer across fashion, beauty, health & wellness, travel, and more, the marketing automation – aka superpowers – they need to connect with customers and grow their business.
We are committed to building diverse teams of “Rollers” and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics.