Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
We are seeking a Contracts Manager who is obsessed with providing great customer service and wants to join a small but mighty in-house legal team. The primary responsibilities of the role include supporting the day to day operations of the team, owning and executing the contract management process, building relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, handling negotiations when necessary and managing stock administration. This is a great opportunity to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment and make an impact with your skills and your enthusiasm.
The Must Haves:
- 5+ years’ experience in contracts management or corporate legal role
- Experience managing contract process from start to finish
- Strong sense of accountability, integrity and taking ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolving issues proactively
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and to manage multiple demands, priorities, and projects simultaneously
- Strong team player skills and ability to work collaboratively with diverse individuals at all levels of an organization
- Ability to maintain a graceful and helpful customer service attitude, particularly in high-pressure and time-crunched circumstances, where last-minute circumstances may shift project priorities
- Good sense of humor, outgoing, drama-free, inquisitive, and desire to get things done
- Established efficiency by use of meticulous organizational skills, including the ability to manage a variety of projects and ongoing negotiations at once
- Capable independent worker, quick learner, and self-starter, who is driven and creative, yet who is a team player who brings a positive and supportive mentality to Planet
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Proven history of taking initiative, working independently, being highly analytical and using good judgement
- Competency in MS Word and Excel
- College degree
The Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Jira ticketing system.
- Paralegal certificate.
- Experience working in a start-up environment.
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.