Country Manager, Regional Logistics (LatAm) at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish is redefining the way customers buy online and one of the key pillars of that strategy is to open up online shopping to people across the globe who were previously left out of the e-commerce experience. To enable this differentiated experience, Wish is investing heavily to create a cost effective and fast global delivery network.
We are looking for a proven leader who will take ownership of logistics performance and operations in Latin America. You will work with cross-functional teams to identify bottlenecks and drive improvement related to delivery operations. In addition, you will also find new opportunities to maximize the value and growth to our marketplace by developing logistics solutions to support high growth regions. This candidate must be able to thrive in an extremely fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
Who we are: The Wish Logistics team’s goal is to create value both internally and externally through the establishment of lasting delivery partnerships, which will enable us to drive a more efficient and cost effective delivery cycle. We strive to continually delight our customers by providing the most transparent, reliable, and exception free end to end delivery experience in the industry.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to help streamline and improve logistics operational processes for Wish’s global logistics operations and advanced logistics programs.
What You'll Do
- Act as the regional lead for logistics and delivery operations by taking ownership in growth and logistics strategies. A deep understanding of fulfillment and shipping solution infrastructure (Cross-border and domestic shipping) in Latin America markets.
- Enable the regions to meet their targets by effectively working with the functional teams to proactively address and manage operational and growth objectives.
- Innovate Wish’s cross-border logistics by developing creative logistics solutions to improve customer experience and minimize cost
- Monitor, improve, and take ownership of region level KPIs for anything related to delivery and support cross-functional teams in market expansion initiatives
- Collaborate with data science team to derive insights and drive decision making across different regions; understand and surface the trade offs of each decision and initiative
- Identify areas for improvement and drive enhancements within Wish’s international trade lanes
- Work cross-functionally to drive growth and improvement initiatives and being able to influence decision-making within the organization
- 5+ years in logistics, carrier management, or supply chain / operations at leading logistics/ecommerce companies in LaTam/South America markets
- A strong leader with an ability to ideate and innovate and take ownership of regional KPIs and growth objectives
- Demonstrated ability to drive complex projects to completion using effective project management, communication and influence. Relentless about following up until the job is done
- High-energy individual with a can-do attitude. Willing to jump in and work alongside folks of all levels to identify issues and quickly find solutions
- Extremely organized, meticulous, detailed oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, especially in situations where there’s incomplete or no data to support decision making
- Able to manage various competing initiatives, prioritize accordingly, and comfortable working with ambiguity
- Experience with eCommerce and logistics operations in LaTam/South America Markets
- Previous experience owning regional KPIs and operations
- Understanding of e-commerce and cross-border shipping requirements (INCOTERMS, duty requirements, customs clearance etc)
- Past experience in startups or high growth environment is a plus
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.