Country Manager, Regional Logistics at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish is redefining the way customers buy online and one of the key pillars of that strategy is to open up online shopping to people across the globe who were previously left out of the e-commerce experience. To enable this differentiated experience, Wish is investing heavily to create a cost effective and fast global delivery network.
We are looking for a proven leader who will help the team responsible for driving operational excellence in Wish Logistics. This individual will be innovative, process driven, and team oriented with an entrepreneurial and scrappy approach to problems. This candidate must be able to thrive in an extremely fast-paced and at times ambiguous environment.
Who we are: The Wish Logistics team’s goal is to create value both internally and externally through the establishment of lasting delivery partnerships, which will enable us to drive a more efficient and cost effective delivery cycle. We strive to continually delight our customers by providing the most transparent, reliable, and exception free end to end delivery experience in the industry.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to help support regional operations and improve delivery experience for our users. You’ll identify bottlenecks and find new opportunities at the regional level to maximize the effectiveness of our delivery networks.
What you'll be doing:
- Create and roll out new initiatives to maximize delivery partners’ effectiveness and improve user-side delivery experience
- Improve and take ownership of region level KPIs and act as the SME of regional expansion through the improvement and enablement of delivery services
- Develop, communicate, and present detailed reporting at sub-regional and regional levels. This will be done through the use of both systematic processes and manually developed solutions
- Collaborate with data science team to develop analytical frameworks to support decision-making; understand and surface the trade offs of each decision and initiative
- Drive important strategic decisions and advise key business initiatives by understanding key levers to improve delivery experience and regional expansion
- Strategically plan and identify operational bottlenecks in our delivery network by building automated and scalable processes
- 5+ years in logistics, ecommerce, or supply chain / operations at leading companies or 4+ years in consulting, marketplace, strategy, and analytics
- Demonstrated ability to drive complex projects to completion using effective project management, communication and influence. Relentless about following up until the job is done
- Partner cross-functionally to drive initiatives and being able to influence decision-making within the organization
- High-energy individual with a can-do attitude. Willing to jump in and work alongside stakeholders of all levels to identify issues and quickly find solutions
- Extremely organized, meticulous, detailed oriented
- Able to manage various competing initiatives, prioritize accordingly, and comfortable working with ambiguity
- Understanding of e-commerce, cross-border shipping, and fulfillment requirements is a plus
- Strong communication skills and have a track record to influence stakeholders and leadership
- SQL, Tableau, and/or analytics background is a plus but not required
- Mandarin speaking is a strong asset
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.