Customer Advocacy Senior Associate at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm’s Customer Advocacy and Retention (CAR) team sits within Customer Operations and houses our customer complaint gurus. When customers share their challenging experiences with Affirm, Affirm has invaluable insight into the breaking points of our products, processes, or policies. As we learn from and champion our customers, we use their voices to improve customer experience, deliver fair outcomes and repair relationships.
As a Customer Advocacy Sr. Associate, you'll be empowered to use exceptional empathy and product expertise to solve highly complex complaints. The team facilitates communication and coordination among cross functional partners to identify the root causes and validity of the complaint, and uses a compliance and risk-based mentality to evaluate options to remedy the issues and determine the appropriate solutions to drive resolution. Your job is not only to help customers with the issues they encounter, but to help us learn as a company from each interaction, so we can make using our products as seamless as possible. See an opportunity to improve customer trust or our team's operations at scale? You'll drive this as the Voice of the Customer.
What You'll Do
Deliver an outstanding customer experience
- Solve customer issues efficiently, effectively, and empathetically
- Communicate with customers using email, and when appropriate, phone
- Collaborate cross-functionally to drive resolution of customer issues
Drive continuous improvement
- Engage with cross functional partners (Compliance, Legal, Risk, Product, Communications, etc.) to spearhead remediation of thematic problems
- Improve our resources and tools available for our customers to enable customer education and streamline service
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve procedures, processes, or tooling and lead project workstreams
Grow your financial services expertise
- Become a subject matter expert on current and emerging products as well as consumer finance policies and servicing processes, and regulatory requirements
What We Look For
- 3+ years experience in operations, customer support, social media management, communications or related fields
- Exceptional communication and writing skills with attention to detail, grammar, brand tone, and voice
- An eagerness to think creatively both in terms of solutions to complex complaints and process improvement
- Resiliency with ability to bounce back from challenging interactions and manage through complexity and uncertainty
- Strong customer empathy and service level focus
- Ability to think proactively and constantly seek improvement opportunities in work
- Team player with the ability to collaborate and be sensitive to others
- Bachelor's Degree a plus
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.