Customer Success Manager, Scaled Enterprise at Udemy
| San Francisco
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:18 a.m. (PST) on Saturday, September 19, 2020
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Our Customer Success Mission:
To empower all customers to achieve their business goals through learning so that Udemy is an indispensable resource, and to become a partner our customers adore. We will serve as strategic advisors and provide trusted support. We will be the voice of the customer internally and will foster strong cross functional partnerships. Our customers’ success will be the engine that drives Udemy’s success.
Attributes we hire for:
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We’re looking for an innovative, strategic customer success manager to manage a book of business of Enterprise (organizations with 5,000+ employees) accounts in North America who have purchased Udemy for Business for small-to-medium sized teams and departments. Reporting to the Global Manager of Scaled Customer Success, you’ll be in charge of the success of your book of business in terms of engagement as well as revenue retention and expansion. You’re excited to be the first team member in this brand new position and to have the opportunity to shape the role.
You’re passionate about supporting customers. You’re not just interested in keeping them at a baseline of health that keeps clients renewing--you want them to thrive and love Udemy for Business enough to expand. You have experience working with Enterprise customers and understand the complexities of working with large organizations--how to manage layers of stakeholders, how to operate within complex organization structures, and how these businesses think about ROI. You are also flexible and creative enough to leverage both high-touch and 1-to-many strategies (webinars, lifecycle email campaigns, etc.) to serve your customers. You have “data and process brain” and gravitate toward creating scalable and efficient solutions.
With the Global Manager of Scaled Customer Success, you’ll develop the strategy for how to support Enterprise clients in this customer tier. You’ll become the expert on the unique needs of this segment and how to best support them, sharing your insights across teams like Marketing, Product, and the wider Enterprise Customer Success department.
Here's what you'll do:
- Manage a book of approximately 250-300 customers Enterprise Udemy for Business customers in North America and Latin America
- Be responsible for driving the engagement and revenue retention of your book of business by using a combination of high-touch and tech-touch strategies
- Renew customer contracts and partner with Sales to achieve retention and upsell targets
- Develop expertise about the use cases of Enterprise-sized customers who have purchased Udemy for Business for small-to-medium-sized teams or departments
- Based on what you learn, develop communications programming and customer lifecycle playbooks specifically tailored for the Enterprise experience of small-to-medium sized teams or departments; work with our Gainsight administrator and/or Marketing team to bring them to life
- Work collaboratively with the Enterprise Customer Success Department to ensure your strategies create a cohesive customer experience throughout the Enterprise Customer Success vertical
- Be an expert on the UFB Platform with a deep understanding of our technology and content
- Surface customer requests and help translate customer feedback into product requirements
- Conduct online product trainings for existing and new customers
- Schedule and lead customer meetings
- Respond to questions from customers directly or route questions to appropriate resources for training or support
- Collaborate as needed with our Finance team to support customers’ payment, billing, and invoicing needs
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 3+ years of customer success experience in B2B SaaS organizations, or 2+ years working with Enterprise clients in B2B SaaS organizations
- Proven experience identifying, nurturing, and successfully expanding existing customer accounts
- Been accountable to a revenue goal
- Superior project management, time management and organizational skills; excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritize wisely
- A data-driven approach
- Comfort innovating and evolving within your role
- Experience collaborating across teams toward a common goal
- Experience with customer journey mapping and customer segmentation
- Experience with designing and implementing scalable customer communications and programs
- The ability to thrive in fast-paced, ambiguous environments
- Familiarity with Gainsight, Salesforce, and/or Zendesk (a plus)
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 35 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description