Customer Support Hero
Digit is the smartest way for anyone to prepare financially for life's needs, wants, surprises and dreams, without changing their daily behavior. This is important because managing personal finances is hard. 65% of Americans couldn’t come up with $2,000 in event of an emergency. National credit card debt is at a record high of over $1 trillion, and 40% of Americans don’t have $400 to spare in case of an emergency. Our mission is to improve people’s financial lives, so they can focus on the rest of their lives.
In order to continue delivering world class service, we are growing our support team. We are looking for highly motivated Support Heroes who fight for the user. This team member will be on the frontline using their problem solving and people skills, while working directly with our customers to address their questions. You will employ savvy technical, written and verbal communication skills to help us execute our vision as the company scales.
Here are some ways you'll make an impact:
- Managing high-volume inbound support channels (Email/Social/Phone): You're part of the first line of defense in making sure our customers get the answers and care they need.
- Maintain support team goals and meet individual performance goals: Part of making sure our customers know we love them is making sure we respond to them and keep them updated in a timely fashion.
- Work with team leads to identify and document issues into our Help Center and other knowledge bases: Our product is constantly changing and it's important to make sure our customers have the most up-to-date information available on changes we've implemented.
- Report bugs affecting customers: A crucial part of our support team is working to identify issues affecting customer and communicating effectively to our engineering team so they can be investigated and resolved.
- Strong communication skills: This is important both for our customers and internally within the company. Strong communication between team members helps us accomplish our goals faster and stay on the same page.
- High emotional intelligence: We’ve all had a poor customer service experience. It’s the worst. We take pride in putting ourselves in the customer’s shoes and showing compassion and empathy to our customers (and each other).
- Strong time management skills: Execute on the expectations set forth for us by the company and our customers. Work with team leadership on prioritizing any projects you may be assigned.
- Tech savviness: Technology improves our lives. We're looking for someone who is comfortable using different kinds of tools and can explain how something works in a clear-cut manner.
- Can give and take candid feedback: We thrive on an environment of improving ourselves through sharing feedback.
Are you the candidate we are looking for?
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Posses a strong sense of ownership. Takes initiative and is results-oriented
- Customer service experience where you primarily supported customers over email, chat, and/or social media.
- Experience with Zendesk or similar customer support software
- Proficient in typing
- Attention to detail
- Flexible. We offer support 7 days a week from 6am - 7pm, you must be available to work the assigned shift
- Must be able to work in the San Francisco, CA office
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% paid health insurance coverage from Anthem
- 100% paid vision and dental coverage
- Fertility Benefit
- Catered lunches with unlimited snacks and drinks
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
Digit automates the day-to-day work of managing money so you never even have to think about it. We want to eliminate the stress and anxiety people feel about their finances while helping them build a solid foundation for the future they’re trying to achieve. Our technology combines machine learning, behavioral psychology, and natural language interaction to provide a personal assistant you can trust to work toward your goals while you spend your time and effort on what’s most important in your life.
Digit is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Digit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]