Customer Support Specialist – Instructor Escalations at Udemy
!Sorry, this job was removed at 5:09 a.m. (PST) on Monday, March 16, 2020
You will be responsible for handling escalated support issues from our instructors. These are the most complicated or sensitive issues, or those that require coordination with multiple teams at Udemy. You’ll need top class communications skills, with empathy in your writing. You’ll also need a solid work ethic and mental fortuity to answer a steady stream of inbound support requests. You should enjoy identifying and prioritizing problems and communicating trends to other teams, as you’ll often be the first person in the entire company to see problems that need attention.
In the beginning, you’ll take the time to understand the Udemy platform thoroughly so you can effectively communicate with customers and understand their issues. After learning the ropes, you’ll gain more responsibility and become involved in identifying trends and coming up with solutions to eliminate, automate, or optimize common issues. This is a full time position based in San Francisco.
What you'll do:
- Quickly and professionally resolve support tickets and questions from Udemy instructors escalated to you by our remote agents
- Handle all escalations from internal teams quickly and efficiently
- Develop and improve the standard responses and procedures used by our team
- Acquire deep and comprehensive product knowledge to help our remote agents and instructors with the most complicated issues
- Willingness to experiment with new approaches to how we support our customers more efficiently or successfully
- Work with the Support team to improve self-help
- May be on call during occasional weekends
We're excited about you because you'll have:
- You have worked at least 2+ year in a customer facing support role
- You have a deep empathy, love of teamwork, and a commitment to put our instructors first every day
- You have outstanding written and documentation skills
- You are an exceptional cross-functional communicator
- You have superior project and time management skills; excellent attention to detail
- You have a strong work ethic and ability to focus
- You are able to build trusted relationships with customers and your team
- You can adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- About you/Nice to Have Qualifications:
- You have a passion for building and improving scalable processes
- You have experience with Zendesk or other help desk software
- You are familiar with Trello, Jira, or other bug tracking software
- You have experience with or interest in working with remote teams
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description