DD Labs Operations Specialist at DoorDash
DoorDash Labs is an independent team within DoorDash. We explore robotics and automation to transform last mile logistics in the long term. If you have a passion for applying robotics solutions in a service used by millions of people, we want to talk to you!
We’re looking for a strong, self-starting operator to help launch and drive DoorDash Labs experiments and pilots from start to finish. This is a full-stack role that would require you to wear many hats, from building an operations playbook to hiring an all-star experimentation team. An ownership mentality is an absolute must. There's no such thing as a typical day, and to excel, you can't just be smart – you have to be self-motivated, highly analytical, and demonstrate a willingness to tackle new projects.
What you'll do:
- Manage: Run point on end-to-end operations for the ideation, launch, and ultimate success of pilots with internal and external partners
- Build: Hire and manage a world class, on-the-ground operations team to execute experiments on a weekly basis, and build out data collection infrastructure and dashboards for real-time reporting and pilot feedback.
- Execute: Operationalize an autonomous delivery platform that positively impacts each stakeholder in the DoorDash ecosystem: merchants, dashers, and consumers.
- Analyze: Leverage insights from experiments to make data-driven decisions that inform team strategy.
- Collaborate: Work cross-functionally with Labs software and hardware engineering teams help shape product roadmap
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- Problem Solver – You have a talent for synthesizing complex projects, can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans, and enjoy implementing process.
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve.
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company.
- Determined – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful.
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job function
- Unafraid to fail – You are comfortable making sense out of a gray-area
- Strong performance standing with People Ops
- Demonstrable success leading new initiatives, establishing and achieving goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills and very comfortable with data. You know how to get the data needed with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story without help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.