DD Labs Operations Specialist
DoorDash Labs is an independent team within DoorDash. We explore robotics and automation to transform last mile logistics in the long term. If you have a passion for applying robotics solutions in a service used by millions of people, we want to talk to you!
We’re looking for a strong operator to help launch and promote DoorDash Labs experiments and pilots from start to finish. This is a full-stack role that would require you to wear many hats, from building an operations strategy to hiring a diverse experimentation team. You will be focused on a pilot launch.
What You'll Do
- Manage: Run point on end-to-end operations for the ideation, launch, and ultimate success of autonomous vehicle pilots with all partners
- Build: Hire and manage an excellent, on-the-ground operations team to perform experiments weekly, and build data collection infrastructure and dashboards for real-time reporting and pilot feedback.
- Execute: Operationalize an autonomous delivery platform that positively impacts each stakeholder in the DoorDash ecosystem: merchants, dashers, and consumers.
- Analyze: Leverage insights from experiments to make data-driven decisions that inform team strategy.
- Collaborate: Work cross-functionally with Labs software and hardware engineering teams help shape product roadmap
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- Problem Solver – You have a talent for synthesizing complex projects and enjoy implementing process.
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve.
- Entrepreneurial – You want to shape the direction of the company.
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job function
- Demonstrable success leading new initiatives, establishing and achieving goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills and very comfortable with data. You know how to get the data needed with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story without help. You know how to use data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.