Developer Support Engineer at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Do you love technical problem solving? Do you enjoy teaching others? Do you want a broad exposure to a wide variety of web development technologies?
As a Developer Support Engineer at Affirm, you’ll be supporting the thousands of developers who are integrating Affirm into their e-commerce and in-store point of sale systems. You will combine your skills as a full-stack developer with your ability to communicate complex technical concepts. Your technically sophisticated, authentic and actually helpful responses will delight normally cynical engineers, who are used to the ‘black-hole’ support experiences they get from the traditional players. Developer Support Engineers are a part of the Engineering Team and work closely with Affirm’s Product, Operations, Account Management and Merchant Help teams. As an early member of this team at Affirm, you will have a huge impact from day one.
What you’ll do:
- Quickly become an authority in Affirm’s APIs, products, and integrations
- Be the primary escalation point for technical issues from our Merchant Help Team
- Prioritize competing escalations from across our Merchant base
- Creatively solve the unknown problems that inevitably arise as we encounter new platforms, technologies and merchant requirements
- Develop tools to help scale our merchant facing teams to be more effective
- Analyze support patterns to deliver insights that drive product improvement
- Assist our Operations teams with escalations into Engineering
What we look for:
- Passion to change consumer banking for the better
- Either significant computer science coursework or one year of professional experience as a web developer. Applications from bootcamp grads will be considered.
- Experience integrating UX elements w/ backend services, frameworks, and 3rd party developer APIs
- Fantastic technical troubleshooting skills - Familiarity with Chrome Developer Tools is a plus
- A strong voice when writing - you let your personality show without sacrificing clarity (Please submit a cover letter when applying - we actually read them)
- Task jugglers who can keep dozens of balls in the air and thrive - help build internal tools one day and have a phone call with a client the next!
- Bachelor's degree with a strong academic record or equivalent practical experience