Director of Customer Success at Nylas
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:06 a.m. (PST) on Saturday, April 18, 2020
The Nylas platform makes it an order of magnitude easier for companies to add email, calendar, and contacts integrations to their apps. Our APIs wrap old protocols, unify all providers, and index TBs of data. We save customers months of developer time and unlock the richness of email, calendar, and contact data. By being at the core of business to business collaboration and productivity, we believe we can accelerate work and help customers grow market share.
Nylas is looking for an intelligent, diligent, and results-driven individual to direct our Customer Success function. Hundreds of businesses rely on the Nylas APIs to power their products, and your role will be critical in ensuring their continued engagement and success.
- Build and lead the Customer Success function. You will hire, motivate, and develop Customer Success team members and develop the playbooks, processes, and systems that the team will use to scale.
- Establish yourself and your team as a trusted advisor to our customers. This includes building relationships with key customer stakeholders (e.g. CEO/CTOs, VPs of Engineering, VPs of HR and Talent Acquisition) and driving the content for executive reviews
- While not directly responsible for renewals and expansions, you will be a key part of the team that drives those outcomes and unlocks new opportunities.
- You will report to and work alongside the VP of Customer Success (Customers) formulating and executing on high-level customer strategy towards company goals
- Our Customer Success Manager(Customers) - we currently have one and are looking to continue growing the team under your leadership
- Our Head of Account Management (Sales) - coordinating on pressing customer issues and identifying opportunities for up-sell
- Our Product people- Success plays a crucial role in sharing customer feedback and connecting our product managers to customers for requirements gathering and feature testing.
- Our Head of Product Marketing (Marketing) to identify customers for case studies, testimonials, and other product advocacy
- Customer Support and Customer Success work together to address pressing customer issues and though they are two different functional areas, the Customers team works together as one team to achieve our organizational goals.
You’ll love this role if you:
- Have senior customer success experience from a high growth SaaS business and have lead and developed SaaS Customer Success teams and managed managers
- Thrive in the ever-changing (and slightly chaotic!) world of a fast growing startup
- Are up to date with the latest customer success, software as a service, and platform as a service technology trends and best practices.
- See yourself as a doer-manager and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty
- Deeply care about customer interactions and understand how they can elevate the brand
- Have a built-in drive to execute, get things done, and make things happen
- Have exceptional communication skills
- Great problem solving skills
- Passion and focus
- Ability to build relationships quickly
- Experience writing code/scripts to solve small problems
- Experience working in support or sales engineering or implementation or onboarding
- Provided customer care for an API platform
- Experience working with on-prem software deployments
- Competitive Pay
- Meaningful Equity
- The chance to work with a diverse set of customers
- The opportunity to join us in building a new category of business
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving team culture
- Medical, Vision, and Dental benefits for you and your family (including One Medical membership)
- 401k, FSA, HSA, Commuter benefits
- $1k yearly Education & Development benefit
- $100 monthly Health & Wellness benefit
- Catered lunch & snacks
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited vacation (mandatory 2 week consecutive vacation once per year)
- 12 weeks fully paid caregiver leave
- Flexible work hours
Read Full Job Description