Director of Dasher & Logistics
At DoorDash we’re building the world’s leading last-mile logistics platform and we believe that to accomplish this we’ll need to disrupt ourselves a few times along the way. We’re looking for someone to help us reinvent the way we think about logistics, from mastering handoffs on the 50th floor of a skyscraper to reimagining what the gig economy can be for Dashers. This is your chance to help shape a fast-growing, global brand, and make a material impact on the future of work and last mile commerce as we know it.
What you’ll do
- Strategize – Develop the optimal strategy for DoorDash to leverage in pursuing excellence in last mile logistics.
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision-making to run tests on everything from new earnings opportunities for Dashers to mastering urban mobility.
- Build – You aren’t afraid because “something hasn’t been done before” in fact you’re excited by it, your job will include making the impossible possible
- Analyze – Assess the operational and financial impacts of your decisions and iterate given insights from data and dig into the details to pull out insights
- Collaborate – Work with a cross-functional team including operations, product, engineering, finance, analytics and marketing to turn your experiments into reality.
- Operate – Figure out how to get A to B–then actually make it happen.
- Problem Solver – You love thinking about problems from a first principles approach, and don’t resort to lazy “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- Entrepreneurial – You want to shape the direction of the company.
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Owner – You’re always looking for opportunities to better your work product and own the outcome – both the good and the bad.
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job responsibilities
- Analytical – You back your decisions up with data and facts
- 7+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- Experience leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Leadership experience, preferably having managed a team of at least 3 direct reports
- Advanced Excel skills (can perform complex functions) ; SQL knowledge is a plus
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners – We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed – Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.