Director, Marketplace Growth at DoorDash
At DoorDash we’re building the world’s leading marketplace for on-demand delivery and we believe that in order to accomplish this we’ll need to disrupt ourselves a few times along the way. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial leader to help us identify growth opportunities for our delivery marketplace in the U.S., drive forward constant experimentation to validate potential opportunities, & push the company toward being the #1 platform in every U.S. market we operate in. This is a unique opportunity to help define and shape a fast-growing, global brand, and make a material impact on the future of e-commerce in the U.S.
What you’ll do
- Strategize - Develop the optimal strategy for DoorDash to grow it’s U.S. marketplace business, win every U.S. market, & extend DoorDash’s industry leading position
- Experiment - Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to continuously run tests to improve consumer engagement
- Build – You aren’t afraid because “something hasn’t been done before” in fact you’re excited by it, you’re job will include making the impossible possible
- Analyze – Assess the operational and financial impacts of your decisions and iterate given insights from data, not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dig into the details to pull out the real insights
- Collaborate – Work with a cross-functional team including operations, product, engineering, finance, analytics and marketing to turn your experiments into reality.
- Operate – Figure out how to get A to B–then actually make it happen.
- Problem Solver – You love thinking about problems from a first principles approach, and don’t resort to lazy “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company.
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Owner – You’re always looking for opportunities to better your work product and own the outcome – both the good and the bad.
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- Analytical: You back your decisions up with data and facts
- 7+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Leadership experience, preferably having managed a team of at least 3 direct reports
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced Excel skills (can perform complex functions) ; SQL knowledge is a plus
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.