Director, Merchant Experience
The merchant is at the heart and soul of DoorDash. As DoorDash grows both in scale, diversity of merchants, and breadth of offering, the strength of our relationship, support, and education must grow with it.
As our Director of Merchant Audience, you’ll discover, define, and bring to life offerings and experiences for our Merchants. You will be responsible for helping shape the product roadmap, develop product positioning and messaging, support go-to-market plans and empower our sales and partner management teams. You will work to drive initiatives that improve the acquisition, onboarding, growth, and retention of our Merchants. This role sits at the intersection of our product and operations teams and you will have to partner with many high-performing cross-functional teams.
We’re looking for someone who is creative, self-motivated, highly analytical, data-driven, and has exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills. Think this is you? Read on…
What you’ll do
- Strategize – Identify merchant needs to create data-driven, actionable insights for product teams. You will drive towards north star metrics of NPS and Merchant Retention
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision-making and sound business judgment to run sales and partners tests and lead market intelligence efforts
- Execute – Drive impactful launch or risk mitigation strategies, including messaging, positioning, and PR strategies
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate merchant behavior and opportunity costs of strategic initiatives intended to develop and retain our partners
- Influence – Manage cross-functional projects with our sales, partner management, operations, product, engineering, business operations and BD teams to improve the merchant experience and achieve targets
- Inspire – Develop and execute a compelling vision for both our internal operations teams as well as our merchants at a global scale
- Enable – Build and execute messaging, collateral and tools for our sales and account management teams as well as run communication strategy & execution to our merchants
- Entrepreneurial – You have a bias towards action, an ownership mentality and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve and want to share the vision and direction of the company
- Gritty – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful. You like taking bold bets
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- 7+ years of experience in strategy & ops, growth marketing, product strategy, operations;
- Proven track record of leading cross-functional initiatives, hitting goals, leading unique messaging and GTM campaigns, and succeeding in a complex and fast moving environment
- Excellent analytical thinker who can deliver actionable recommendations out of complex datasets - ability to integrate creativity and analytical horsepower to quickly execute ideas; SQL is a plus
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national restaurants in more than 600 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.