Director, Merchant Experience
DoorDash is looking for a Director, Merchant Experience to reimagine how we delight and retain the expanding range of merchants on our platform. Your role will involve a mix of strategic, blue-sky thinking and the ability to turn ideas into plans and plans into reality. While prior relevant roles in customer experience are always valued, most importantly you will be a first-principles problem solver, have a strong analytical toolkit, and exhibit a relentless bias to action.
This senior role reports to DoorDash’s Head of Support Operations and is based in San Francisco, CA.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Overall, bring to life DoorDash’s core value, ‘love our customers - including merchants - like family’, either through ensuring bad experiences are mitigated before they happen or going above and beyond to make them right when they do
- Map and work to continually-improve the entire DoorDash merchant journey, from sales, through onboarding, activation, growth and ultimately to long-term success
- Work cross-functionally with operations, product and engineering partners to drive sustained CSAT, NPS and retention improvements
- Scope and advocate for upstream defect reduction, serving as an important feedback loop from our large support network
- Ensure our frontline teammates have the information and tools they need to quickly and effectively solve our customers problems
- Craft new, innovative, “10x” technology-driven support experiences
- Tell compelling, empathetic stories of both good and bad experiences on our platform, ultimately helping build a more deeply merchant-obsessed culture
- You have 7+ years of professional experience in management consulting, product management, service design, customer experience, technology or other relevant fields
- You are an experienced business leader with a track record of driving change in demanding operating environments
- You have at least 1 or more years experience building and leading a high-performing, motivated team
- You’re action-oriented, never letting great be the enemy of the good
- You stay oriented to the goal you’re trying to achieve and act with urgency to achieve it
- You’re collaborative and will quickly develop productive and collegial relationships with our important internal stakeholders
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.