Director, Merchant Selection
We’re looking for a Director of Merchant Selection to lead our global selection strategy, including identifying, targeting, and acquiring valuable merchants in every city.On the Merchant Strategy & Ops team, our mission is to have best-in class restaurant selection, build cutting edge services for our merchants to grow their business, and help our partners operate efficiently on the platform. As the Director of Merchant Selection, you’ll be responsible for finding the best restaurants across the globe, figuring out how to get them on DoorDash as efficiently as possible, and leading our go-to-market initiatives for programs that impact our merchant base.What you’ll do
- Strategize – Build the strategy for DoorDash selection health including market level approaches for the merchants we must target and path to target them
- Implement – Drive go to market planning & execution for new DoorDash merchant initiatives to increase value to our customer & merchant audiences
- Analyze - Build models to define merchant segments, understand merchant performance, and identify new opportunities to drive value
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgement to run tests on everything from exclusive content to cuisine types
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Merchant Product & Ops teams to land key initiatives, such as acquiring top merchants in our most strategic markets
- Self-starter: You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Leader: You’re comfortable leading a mid-size team and driving projects forward cross-functionally to achieve the desired outcome
- Analytical: You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling your own data in SQL or modeling in Excel.
- Relentless: You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- Problem solver: You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- 8+ years of experience in consulting / strategy / business development / operations / technology / banking or related experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, leading teams, and working cross-functionally to achieve goals
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Excel skills; SQL knowledge is a plus
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
Read Full Job Description