Director, Travel Program Consultations at TripActions
TripActions is looking for someone with advanced analytical, problem solving, relationship, negotiation and leadership skills to join our Partner Services and Solutions (PSS) team as Director, Consulting & TMC Services. The ideal candidate will have immense corporate travel program consulting experience with subject matter expertise of hotel/air pricing and yield management.
We are excited to help you build a strategic vision of Consulting that aligns with our goals to acquire, engage and retain clients while growing revenue. Optimizing client programs to reduce leakage is paramount to our clients’ success thus your ability to set and drive key initiatives of your team will be key to exceeding client expectations.
As a subject matter expert on hotel/air pricing and corporate discounting, you will easily analyze and understand customer requirements matching them with appropriate hotel/air sourcing strategies. Your team will be well versed and trained on evaluating the savings potential of proposals, negotiating improved terms, balancing target requirements and managing ongoing fulfillment and performance to optimize program results. You will thrive on influencing and motivating clients to pivot from traditional methods to try new sourcing and program optimization ideas with TripActions. People want to engage with, and buy from, people they trust who care about their needs - through both your passion and your coaching, your team will become successful in their roles.
You will be a leader of a team of consultants within our PSS team reporting into the Head of Lodging and Car Partnerships and cross collaborating with internal Customer Success, Sales, Partner Services, and Finance teams. Due to the added benefit of working in person with other team members, we prefer you to be based in the SF Bay Area or NYC.
- Build strategic vision that casts a compelling reason and need for change including key initiatives to drive adoption of team and execution of Consulting Strategy as it fits within broader TripActions strategy
- Set ambitious targets to take calculated risks with the aim of delivering added value to the organization by seeking out opportunities to improve revenue through partnerships
- Drive accountability for results on team through reporting on team performance, analyzing gaps and potential opportunities for improvement, alerting to signals of leading indicators to adjust tactics as needed
- Create and foster a climate in which others want to do their best to build in order to retain a high performing team
- Proactively be a thought leader in the hospitality industry on Consulting practices, routinely engaging through social media capturing our brand’s voice, seek speaking engagements
- Champion self and team as the trusted advisor(s) for winning over prospective Enterprise clients by conveying compelling content while backing up claims with hard data and objective facts to increase client conversion
- Optimize the various resources and levers necessary to increase revenue through active engagement with clients and suppliers
- Actively engage with top hotel chains on Enterprise client needs to create and implement strategic negotiations that will deliver increase adoption and attachment rates
- Practice growth mindset while scrutinizing each step to breakdown the complexities and deliver in easy to understand documentation for training of internal team(s)
- Skillfully navigate across the org as the key internal leader and influencer: Solicit input and seek synergy on Consulting related issues from clients and internal stakeholders, including Supplier Strategy, Customer Success, Sales, and Travel Operations
- Bachelor’s degree, with advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience (+8 years) leading in hotel/air corporate sales/consulting, hotel/air pricing, commercial negotiations or related field
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining relationships with deep network in travel industry
- Strong analytical skills; proven ability to structure and analyze ambiguous and complex business problems and data sets
- Demonstrated experience in thought leadership on consulting services within travel industry
- Enjoys a collaborative environment with team goals. This is a cross-functional role that must build and maintain ongoing communications and relationships with clients as well as several teams within TripActions
- Thrives in a fast-moving, sometimes ambiguous, environment
- Travel expected on a needed basis including international travel