Step is a next-generation financial services company building the best banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. Step’s mission is to create a bank that gives you the tools to become smarter with your money and reward you along your financial journey. Step is a well-funded Series B company focused on disrupting banking through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience. The founding team has an extensive background in FinTech and building successful consumer products and brands. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you.The Role
Step is looking for an experienced Disputes Support Manager. In this role you will be a subject matter expert in the field of chargebacks and disputes. You will be a key point of contact and escalation within the department for complex dispute matters. In addition to managing all aspects of the dispute resolution management process, you will support the Compliance Officer by identifying and implementing process improvements, monitoring daily workloads and ensuring that cases are assigned for review based on priority and regulatory deadlines.Responsibilities
- Effectively and efficiently resolving customer disputes.
- Process credits and reversals based on the outcome of the dispute claims.
- Provide excellent customer service for inquiries regarding dispute questions and claim information from Step customers.
- Reviews pending dispute files to see if all required documentation has been provided.
- Devise and share recommendations to solve disputes, and de-escalate customer encounters.
- Driving Analytics, reporting and ensuring investigations and processing of dispute claims initiated by customers are adequately completed.
- 4+ years experience working in a merchant acquiring, card issuing, or back office banking environment, and a minimum of 4 years of experience in a dispute resolution management or loss recovery role.
- Working knowledge of banking operations, fraudulent investigations, and regulations related to disputes.
- Have or gain a strong grasp of Zendesk Intercom, or similar case management systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of US Federal regulations E and Z.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to effectively research and resolve issues and discrepancies.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits
- Stock in an early stage startup that is growing
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy
- Free daily lunches
- Free snacks & drinks
- Monthly team events outside the office
- Monthly stipend for commuter benefits and card testing
- Office right next to Caltrain