Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
Our President of Product & Business, Kevin Weil, supports Product, Software Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and Impact at Planet. Kevin is seeking a thoughtful, diligent, detail-oriented, and fun Executive Assistant and Business Partner. The role is wide ranging, spanning the basics (calendaring, expenses, flights) all the way through higher level work: briefings for key meetings, attending meetings in Kevin’s place, helping Kevin think through strategic and personnel issues, and developing/mentoring other admins on the team. The ideal person is someone with a strong growth mindset who is eager to build a long-term professional relationship.
Our team of executive operations partners are the critical ties that bind our organization and you would have the opportunity to pair collaboratively with each to ensure the executive team evolves its own team’s culture as you help Kevin maintain a focus on what matters most -- our people, our culture and our long term path to achieving our mission.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Be the eyes, ears, hands and heart of our President.
- Heavy calendar and operational support in an ever changing environment which time to time can be all hours of the day and week
- Brief and prepare Kevin for important meetings like All-Hands, Board Meetings, Customer Visits and Conferences in partnership with other key leaders
- Develop and prepare critical content including agendas, presentations, briefing reports, and trainings that help create cohesion and consistency and keep Kevin prepared
- Manage domestic and international travel and itineraries to ensure Kevin’s comfort and timeliness to wherever and whenever he needs to be around the globe
- Routinely engage with external stakeholders in person, by email, and by phone
- Collaborate with other executive operations partners so all know exactly how to divide and conquer
- Communicate with Planet Board Members and provide support to other executives as needed
What You Bring:
- A passion for people, space, and climate
- 5+ years experience supporting senior executives at a fast-paced growth company
- Demonstrated ability to respond and thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Advanced executive support capabilities ranging from travel and accommodations, heavy calendar management, business partnerships and creating presentations
- Maturity, resilience and professionalism working people internal and external high profile people alike, with the confidence to make important critical decisions when required
- Extremely organized with the ability to ensure others around you are as well
- Experience with hyper-proactivity, always anticipating the needs of others
- Strong command for both the fine details and the big picture, keeping priorities in constant shuffle
- Unparalleled verbal and written communication
- Ability to find solutions with minimal direction
- Experience working with software and technologies that create for greater efficiency and resilience
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Expert in Google Suites for Work, Zoom, and Powerpoint
- Familiarity working at a global business with multiple offices and timezones
- Deep understanding of Inclusion and ways to support our President in his personal learning journey
- Strong relationships and leadership within the local EA community for braintrust support
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and at a recent Dreamforce Talk
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Businessweek video
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.