Executive Assistant at Planet
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
Planet is seeking a thoughtful, diligent, detail-oriented (and fun!) Executive Assistant and Business Partner to support our Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer, Robbie Schingler, who leads our long-term strategic trajectory, and our Senior Vice President of Space Systems, James Mason, who leads Planet's Space Systems division, which includes all aspects of developing, manufacturing, and operating Planet’s fleet of imaging satellites and supporting ground station network.
The role is wide ranging, spanning the basics (calendaring, expenses, flights, etc.) all the way through higher level work: coordinating, producing and follow-ups for WIP meetings, supporting off-sites, quarterly and annual planning activities, attending meetings in the place of the execs, helping Robbie and James think through strategic and personnel issues, incubating special projects for the execs, and partnering with the Talent team to support headcount alignment. The ideal person is someone with a strong growth mindset who is eager to build a long-term professional and authentic relationship.
Our team of executive operations partners are the critical ties that bind our organization and you would have the opportunity to pair collaboratively with each to ensure the executive team evolves its own team’s culture as you help our execs maintain a focus on what matters most -- our people, our culture and our long term path to achieving our mission.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Be the eyes, ears, hands and heart of our CSO and SVP
- Heavy calendar and operational support in an ever changing environment
- Develop and prepare critical content including agendas, presentations, briefing reports, and trainings that help create cohesion and consistency and keep Robbie and James prepared
- Manage domestic and international travel and itineraries
- Collaborate with other executive operations partners so all know exactly how to divide and conquer
What You Bring:
- A passion for people, space, and climate
- 5+ years experience supporting senior executives at a fast-paced growth company
- Demonstrated ability to respond and thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Advanced executive support capabilities ranging from travel and accommodations, heavy calendar management, business partnerships and creating presentations
- Maturity, resilience and professionalism working people internal and external high profile people alike, with the confidence to make important critical decisions when required
- Extremely organized with the ability to ensure others around you are as well
- Experience with hyper-proactivity, always anticipating the needs of others
- Strong command for both the fine details and the big picture, keeping priorities in constant shuffle
- Unparalleled verbal and written communication
- Ability to find solutions with minimal direction
- Experience working with software and technologies that create for greater efficiency and resilience
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Expert in Google Suites for Work, Zoom, and Powerpoint
- Familiarity working at a global business with multiple offices and timezones
- Deep understanding of Inclusion and ways to support our CSO and SVP
- Strong relationships and leadership within the local EA community for braintrust support
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.