Executive Assistant at Planet
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
The leadership team is seeking a thoughtful, diligent, detail-oriented executive assistant to support Planet’s growing staff. They will be the fuel that empowers Planet’s senior leaders, including two C-level executives and two vice presidents, in an active and engaging environment.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated by teamwork, tackles jobs with gusto and believes that Planet’s mission, of helping life on Earth, can be expressed in every function they own. They see through barriers to reduce clutter (inboxes, calendars, headspace) and deliver results seamlessly and accurately with little direction (remote or onsite applicants are welcomed).
This role is remote/hybrid and will require occasional travel to the San Francisco office as needed. Regular monthly onsite attendance is preferred.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Primary responsibility of supporting the Chief Impact Office and Chief Marketing Officer, providing support to them to ensure that Planet’s goals and objectives are accomplished, and operations run efficiently, and that each is upholding Planet’s mission.
- Lighten their load by providing smooth calendar management, prioritizing tasks and methodically organizing requests, ensuring smooth day-to-day operations.
- Be the eyes and ears of the leadership team by working closely with VPs in their organization, fielding requests and concerns, run point for scheduling and expense reporting for VP, and anticipate team needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Act as a liaison amongst departments, working closely with Planet’s executive assistants to triage work and coordinate deliverables across company goals and priorities.
- Evaluate and assist in developing policies and procedures for improved work flow amongst the executive assistant team and anticipate future needs Planet grows.
What You Bring:
- A true desire to control chaos and the resourcefulness to make it happen
- A keen sense of humor, and the willingness to laugh at yourself
- Outstanding communication skills, including to comprehend and give instructions, how to gracefully shift priorities, and how to stay focused when faced with competing requests
- G Suite prowess
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Urgency barometer: the ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- An appreciation of humankind, including understanding ways to express and communicate with a variety of people (We are all in this together).
- You want to help make Planet a better place, but not at the expense of mother Earth or Planet’s principles.
- Willingness to ask questions, learn and have a keen sense of curiosity.
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.