Fraud Investigator at Udemy
!Sorry, this job was removed at 5:09 a.m. (PST) on Monday, March 16, 2020
Udemy is a rapidly growing two-sided marketplace powered by user-generated content. We pride ourselves on openness and inclusivity, and we strive every day to connect every learner with the best instructor. Our marketplace is uniquely multilingual and cross-disciplinary, but we are not immune to the risks faced by any other online marketplace. As we grow in visibility and size, we are getting smarter about protecting the interests of our instructors and learners while shutting out less-than-savory parties. Our growing Fraud Investigation Team draws the line between abuse and policy infractions, and takes immediate action. Often working with raw data we stay on top of trends of abuse, as well as provide insights and use case studies to the appropriate engineering teams to better inform their efforts.
What you'll do:
- Investigate reports from our Support Team relating to account takeover, fraudulent transactions, and other abuses on our platform
- Iterate and improve on current techniques to root out abusers and reduce false positives, making use of all available data
- Extrapolate/predict trends in abuse and risky behavior
- Help catalogue the evolving landscape of abuse and communicate it to cross-functional stakeholders
- Take necessary action on accounts, individually or in bulk
- Contribute to our ongoing dialogue about what defines an abusive actor
- Evaluate systems and products for inclusion in our anti-fraud arsenal
- Participate in and provide feedback to Udemy’s Fraud Pod (agile development team) dedicated to constantly improving our anti-fraud efforts
- Create documentation on processes and materials to be shared with internal/external departments for reference and training purpose
- Utilize a wide array of tools to ensure the team objectives are performed in a timely manner and with an ethical approach
- Work with our larger CX team to communicate fraud trends and assist in their daily queues
- Create actionable items out of findings to drive improvement in fraud prevention and fraud detection measures
- Provide support for management on all relevant fraud risk analysis, including a continual definition of best metrics and reporting methods.
We're excited about you because you'll have:
- Experience in fraud, risk, or online payment processors highly preferred
- At least 2 years experience with troubleshooting software and/or working with data, such as generating reports
- Advanced Beginner - Intermediate SQL. Candidates should be comfortable creating a SQL query and not just running one already developed.
- Ability to quickly identify often nebulous trends, and communicate them succinctly to a non-technical audience
- Familiarity with ZenDesk and Jira
- Dogged curiosity, especially around technology
- Creative problem solving abilities
- Ability to adapt with an ever-evolving and fast-paced environment
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description