Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The Fraud team works cross-functionally with Machine Learning, Product, Engineering, Operations to combat fraudulent activities to cultivate a safe platform.
This role requires a lot of cross-functional partnerships. You will be the representative of the Analytic org, leading real-time fraud strategy to identify and mitigate fraud at scale. Additionally, this role will work closely with the Machine Learning teams to improve our Fraud algorithm.
Come join us in our mission to change consumer finance through better technology, lower costs, and transparency while providing the best customer experience.
What you'll do
- Lead the team to create and enhance Fraud data layer in DBT to provide single source of truth for Fraud analytics
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering to proactively identify and size product opportunities and empower data-driven decision-making
- Design controlled experiment frameworks to evaluate the impact of variants or new product features and to make launch recommendations jointly with Product team, Engineering team, Design team
- Direct your team to develop comprehensive fraud dashboards to visualize and communicate insights clearly across functions and levels of the organization
- Be a supervisor and also a mentor to the team and providing thought leadership in both using data to tackle business problems and in arriving at innovative statistical solutions
- Support new product formation and new vertical exploration
What we look for
- EXPERIENCE - 8+ years of experience in an analytically focused role, and preferably 5+ years of fraud management with experience leading a team
- DATA ANALYTIC - In-depth knowledge of big data analytics and experience in using statistical or ML models for predictive analysis, classification, and segmentation
- FRAUD KNOWLEDGE - Proven understanding of the fundamentals of payment processing and an understanding of industry risk trends, including familiarity with risk strategy development.
- PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE - Passion to understand how the product works and how to change to make it more effective
- HUMILITY AND STANDOUT COLLEAGUE - you go out of your way to help teammates
- TECHNICAL SKILLS - Proficient in SQL, Experience with Python, or other scripting languages
- EDUCATION - Bachelor’s degree in a quantitatively thorough field like engineering, statistics, math, finance, economics desired
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.