Fraud Specialist at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish is looking for an experienced Fraud Specialist to support our Buyer Risk team in San Francisco. We are looking for investigative and analytical experts who enjoy working with large amounts of transactional data and can identify potential fraud risk to help us fight fraudulent activity. The ideal candidate should be passionate about Wish and e-commerce, have a strong investigative and analytical mindset, deep understanding of fraud behavior and trends, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment delivering against tight deadlines.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders like customer support, marketplace, business development, data science, engineering, payments, and product to launch and monitor fraud prevention controls
- Identify and triage suspicious accounts
- Understand the root cause of new fraud exploits, communicate the impact, and design preventative controls
- Develop and refine tools and processes to enhance and streamline workflow
- Escalate product enhancement and vulnerabilities
- Experience with Buyer Seller Collusion is a must; experienced worked with multiple teams to help mitigate fraud on both the buyer and seller side
- Bachelor's degree, focus in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math a plus
- 1+ years in Risk/Fraud focused role
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong ability to find patterns, trends, and strong critical thinking skills to analyze the entire picture to identify outliers
- Organized and self-motivated individual, comfortable operating within ambiguity
- Strong communication skills required to operate across multiple departments and stakeholders
- Desire to continually learn, adapt and work in a fun, fast-paced environment
- Experience establishing or working with policies, identifying needs
- Background in statistics or working with large data sets
- SQL or R a plus
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.