Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
After working to make financial progress possible for over 100 million Americans and nearly 3 million Canadians, Credit Karma is continuing to aggressively grow our business in Canada. We’re looking for a leader to advance and run our Canadian business. Success is scaling Canada's largest personal finance business by engaging consumers through amazing product experience and our partners by enabling a relatively new customer acquisition channel. The Director will work directly alongside our Chief Revenue Officer, in direct leadership over Credit Karma Canada. This position will be based in San Francisco, but may require frequent travel.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What you'll do:
- General Management of the Credit Karma Canada product and business including: Leading a cross-functional team to launch, roll-out, and iterate on our offering. Owning the day-to-day management of our Canada business’s P&L, paving a path toward long-term financial viability. Building, nurturing, and growing partnerships to create a robust marketplace of financial products for members.
- Drive key initiatives for the overall Canada strategy and product roadmap.
What's great about it:
- You’ll scale and grow our Canada business which positively affects millions of lives
- The work you do will have significant impact and visibility across Credit Karma
- This role brings the best of both worlds: the experience of growing early-stage products and businesses with the support of a successful later-stage internet company
What we expect:
- Interest and excitement in our industry and our mission
- 8+ years of related experience; including general management, product management, and/or business development
- Passion and experience related to building a business and scaling it
- An entrepreneurial and innovative mindset and spirit
- Experience building consumer and/or monetization products/businesses, both would be ideal
- Strong negotiation and partnership building skill-set
- Highly collaborative, with experience leading cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage a country P&L
- Track record of success in go-to-market launches
- Experience working hands-on with product and engineering teams in both smaller startup and large company environments
- Bachelor’s degree in either a technical discipline or in Business, Finance, or a related field; Master’s degree is preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.