General Manager, New Therapeutic Areas at Alto Pharmacy
Alto is a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage and fill their prescriptions with a tech-driven, patient-centric, online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions. More importantly, Alto offers cost transparency, personalized mobile support, and real-time coordination with doctors and insurance companies. Our mission is to fulfill medicine’s true purpose - to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it.
We recently raised our Series C, surpassed 200 employees across four locations, and are on track to achieve $1B ARR by the end of 2020. Start-up tracker, CB Insights, recently listed Alto as one of the top 50 private companies around the world on a path to a $1 billion valuation. Alto is also featured in The New York Times (2/19) article “These 50 Start-Ups May Be the Next ‘Unicorns’”.
Alto’s success is a result of close partnership with providers and deep expertise in specific therapeutic areas such as Fertility, HIV/PrEP, and Dermatology, among others. Alto is expanding the number of therapeutic areas (TAs) it serves and needs talented leaders to test product market fit, and design the service and solution that will propel Alto to a market leader for complex conditions like cardiovascular and endocrinology. General Managers for a new TA will spend time in the field talking to doctors, nurses, patients and conduct a deep competitive analysis. They will partner with sales and marketing to experiment and iterate, and present a compelling business case to product, operations, and pharmacy. They will then launch the TA and measure its success in the market. Once a new TA is live and “successful,” the GM could own the subsequent growth of that TA or get to work on building another.
If you are an entrepreneur at heart, thrive at the intersection of strategy and operations, and excel at managing multiple cross functional work streams and priorities, we want to hear from you.
- Refine the service and solution for a new therapeutic area, including pricing, packaging, and positioning through market research, focus groups and competitive audits.
- Design and test hypotheses and experiments in collaboration with sales and marketing to inform offering, hours, service, and SLAs on Patient Care and Pharmacy.
- Scope product and marketing requirements and operational customization.
- Establish and manage corporate relationships with key manufacturers to ensure access and maximize margins.
- Determine which tools, resources and clinical programs could differentiate Alto and improve clinical outcomes.
- Develop sales playbook and marketing collateral/positioning.
- Identify and capture target accounts.
- Prioritize and develop strategic partnerships to support growth and expansion.
- Launch TA and track SLAs and quality and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Establish growth forecasts based on early adoption.
- Maintain competitive pharmacy analysis at national and regional levels meant to inform GTM selection, competitive messaging, product development, and the specific business needs for your TA
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- 10+ years work experience in operations, management, professional services or other related fields
- Excellent business judgment and analytical skills, and can use data to prioritize, drive strategic discussion, and ultimately deliver real outcomes. Ability to communicate and listen effectively with great written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Are extremely resourceful and entrepreneurial. Enjoy doing whatever it takes to break through unexpected barriers and obstacles, and balance detail-orientation with the ability to move fast.
- Proven success in a startup or other fast-changing environment and in consumer markets.
- Strong people management experience, high EQ, and proven ability to deliver outstanding results through others in a timely manner using a strong sense of focus, organization, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Build and manage strong relationships with your team, colleagues across many different functions, and external partners.
- Excellent team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working cross-functionally to make your therapeutic area successful
- B.A/B.S, MBA is a plus.
- Healthcare experience preferred
- A passion for Alto’s mission and values