General Manager, Therapeutic Area at Alto Pharmacy
Alto is a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage and fill their prescriptions with a tech-driven, patient-centric, online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions. More importantly, Alto offers cost transparency, personalized mobile support, and real-time coordination with doctors and insurance companies. Our mission is to fulfill medicine’s true purpose - to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it.
We recently raised our Series C, surpassed 200 employees across four locations, and are on track to achieve $1B ARR by the end of 2020. Start-up tracker, CB Insights, recently listed Alto as one of the top 50 private companies around the world on a path to a $1 billion valuation. Alto is also featured in The New York Times (2/19) article “These 50 Start-Ups May Be the Next ‘Unicorns’”.
Alto’s success is a result of close partnership with providers and deep expertise in specific therapeutic areas such as Fertility, HIV/PrEP, and Dermatology, among others. Therapeutic General Managers are responsible for owning the success of a given therapeutic area (TA) including top line growth via sales, business development and marketing; margin optimization through pricing, care costs and manufacturer agreements; and deep collaboration with product and operations to ensure we meet the specific needs of patients and providers.
If you thrive at the intersection of strategy and operations, can manage multiple cross functional work streams and priorities, and easily zoom from a 10K foot view to nitty gritty details and back again, we want to hear from you.
- Determine and deliver on growth forecasts through partnership with sales, marketing, and operations.
- Identify, prioritize and develop strategic partnerships to support growth and expansion.
- Establish and manage corporate relationships with key manufacturers to ensure access, maximize margins, and identify revenue driving opportunities.
- Collaborate with marketing on TA-specific collateral, landing pages, events, and promotions.
- Constantly refine the service and solution for your TA including pricing, packaging, and positioning. On an ongoing basis, you will conduct user research and leverage internal and external subject matter experts to inform product roadmap and customization, and to determine which tools, resources and clinical programs will differentiate Alto and improve clinical outcomes.
- Work with market General Managers to realize growth goals and understand the variations in the business of your TA across geographies.
- Optimize gross margin through manufacturer relationships, operational improvements, and fulfillment models.
- Monitor SLAs and quality for your TA and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Inform hiring forecasts for operations and growth.
- Maintain competitive pharmacy analysis at national and regional levels to inform GTM selection, competitive messaging and product development, and the specific business needs for your TA
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- 10+ years work experience in operations, management, professional services or other related fields
- Excellent business judgment and analytical skills, and can use data to prioritize, drive strategic discussion, and ultimately deliver real outcomes.
- Resourceful and entrepreneurial spirit. You enjoy doing whatever it takes to break through unexpected barriers and obstacles, and balance detail-orientation with the ability to move fast.
- Proven success in a startup or other fast-changing environment and in consumer markets.
- Strong people management experience with a proven ability to deliver outstanding results through others in a timely manner using a strong sense of focus, organization, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Deep comfort with cross functional collaboration and leadership through influence.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- B.A/B.S, MBA is a plus.
- Healthcare experience preferred
- A passion for Alto’s mission and values!