Global Logistics Compliance Manager at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Within the Wish Logistics team, we are looking to add an experienced and strategic Global Logistics Compliance Manager to support our rapidly growing and evolving next generation of e-Commerce. The Global Logistics Compliance Manager will work with Wish’s internal teams to review and improve Wish’s compliance with relevant regulations within multi-regions on a global scale. You will be resourceful working closely within the logistic team and with cross functional teams to achieve the best compliance results.
- Work within the Wish Logistics team to drive growth of a global e-commerce platform with expertise in trade compliance regulations, global import/export process and documentation.
- Make recommendations on applicable import/export and customs rules and best practices globally
- Provide global compliance guidance to programs that will result in duty savings and ultimately benefit programs.
- Manage an innovative program that delivers accurate HTS classifications for products and guide all the import and export activities with proper incoterms and customs regulations
- Create and implement global trade compliance solutions that include global supply chain integration, valuation, reviews, trade classification process and workflows
- Work with Wish’s internal teams to develop creative and best in class trade compliance business processes that scale
- Communicate with Customs authorities according to business requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, International Trade, Global Logistics, Import and Export or equivalent experience of exceptional ability.
- 5+ years of experience with import/export compliance program management.
- Strong import/export classification experience in multi-regions around the globe.
- A diverse mix of compliance and project management experience.
- Strong working knowledge of international business practices, transportation laws, and customs requirements. Understanding of Customs regulations in the EU, US, Latin America, and Asia.
- Demonstrated knowledge of global import regulations and country-specific trade regulations.
- Understanding of the upcoming EU VAT regulation changes and country specific de minimis thresholds.
- Licensed Customs Broker, Certified Trade Compliance Specialist and/or Certified Customs Specialist preferred.
- Ability to read, write and speak Mandarin Chinese preferred
- Retail/E-commerce industry experience is a plus
- Previous work experience in a hyper growth environment
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.