Head of Business Operations
Earnest empowers people with the financial capital they need to live better lives.
We're an accomplished team of technology, finance, and design geeks who believe consumer lending can be radically improved and are doing something about it. We are disrupting the trillion dollar student loan industry by redefining what it means to be creditworthy. We created a company that combines data science, streamlined design, and technology to:
- Build products that simplify the lending process
- Personalize loans to suit the needs of our customers
- Engage with our customers through more human experiences
Our culture is one that values transparency and blameless problem solving. Earnest has experience with employee growth and career progression. Earnies are empathetic, product-focused, proactive, and curious.
The Business Operations role is an essential function at Earnest. The Business Operations group manages many important activities, including leading market intelligence efforts, assessing new market opportunities and driving operational efficiency.
As the Head of Business Operations, you will report to the CFO and you will:
- Keep Earnest up-to-date on essential aspects of the markets we operate in – from the economic environment to competitor actions and everything in-between
- Perform in-depth market, economic and financial analysis on new market opportunities and present results to senior management
- Identify and lead projects that focus on improving the effectiveness of main operational processes
- Work with business leaders to identify new potential business opportunities
Ideal background and expertise:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, or related field
- 5+ years relevant work experience in a strategic consulting, operations, product management
- Experience launching new business segments and products
Earnest Perks & Benefits:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Tuition reimbursement program
- $1000 flight on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world and 25 days of annual PTO
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.