Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. More than 20 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Head of Customer Insights to join our Marketing team. The role is for a senior leader who will build and drive overall market research and customer insights for Grammarly. As a key thought partner for functions across the Marketing team, this person will be responsible for shaping our understanding of both consumers and business customers. The position will report to the Head of Marketing.Your impact
As the Head of Customer Insights, you will have an opportunity to accelerate how Grammarly drives customer value on a global scale—while working with the significant downside protection provided by an already successful and profitable business. The work you do will affect tens of millions of users on a regular basis.
- Direct and run customer, brand, and market research for Grammarly worldwide.
- Influence decisions by partners, leaders, and executives by informing strategies grounded in data and customer insights.
- Design the insights roadmap for all audiences: consumers, SMBs, and large businesses.
- Be recognized as the voice of all customer segments for Marketing and Product teams.
- Develop structured, insights-informed customer segmentation across B2C and B2B.
- Drive adoption inside the Marketing and Product organizations of usage, testing, and learning agendas for each segment.
- Own and scale Grammarly’s brand tracker in key tier 1 countries (with clear plans to expand into more countries).
- Transform insights and trends into actionable recommendations for new product offerings and new GTM strategies.
- Develop new methodologies and platforms, including by reconciling 1st- and 3rd-party data sets.
- Grow the insights portfolio to have a clear impact on B2C and B2B sentiment, adoption, retention, and revenue.
- Build, grow, and manage a high-performing team, including through coaching, recruiting, training, and mentoring talent.
- Define and oversee the team’s research operations.
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has a proven track record of building and scaling insights and research strategies across multiple countries or business lines.
- Is in technical command of research methods and tools for both qualitative and quantitative techniques using a behavioral science approach.
- Has experience in customer segmentation, brand tracking, and tools and sources (e.g., Nielsen, Millward Brown, Ipsos, social listening).
- Has experience in pre-advertising testing techniques (Ipsos ASI:Connect, Millward Brown’s Link), and pre-ad creative testing (for TV and digital).
- Can walk in our customers’ shoes to understand and represent their voice internally.
- Is adept at influencing cross-functional partners on Product, Marketing, Sales, and Analytics teams.
- Can structure analysis accurately and effectively—then use the results to drive solid decision-making.
- Can successfully coordinate projects with multiple direct stakeholders, complex details, and varying timelines toward specific goals; pushes projects forward, even when there is incomplete information or other hurdles.
- Can formulate hypotheses, search for patterns and root causes, and find the story in data.
- Has seasoned leadership skills in hiring, growing, managing, and retaining talent through a strengths-aligned lens.
- Holds at least a bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as math, statistics, engineering, operations research, or economics (master’s preferred).
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.