Head of Developer Success
Today, people spend more time playing video games than they do playing all physical sports, and eSports are poised to become bigger than the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL combined. Skillz provides the technology that powers an eSports industry forecast to exceed $40 billion in annual revenue by 2020.
As the eSports provider for over 8,000 game developers, Skillz enables any mobile game to be turned into a competitive eSport that can also be broadcast on major streaming sites like Twitch and YouTube. We do this by integrating our unique layer of code directly into a mobile app, which activates our end-to-end tournament administration and other important features like player matching, anti-cheating mechanisms, customer support and a built-in loyalty program. Using our patented technology stack, we’ve already hosted more than 500 million tournaments for 15 million players around the world.
Skillz has raised over $53 million in funding from sources including Telstra, Liberty Global, and the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets and Sacramento Kings. In our quest to make gaming better for players and developers, we’re looking for savvy, driven and enthusiastic teammates to help us build the future of sports. If you’re excited about defining a multibillion dollar industry, building an awesome product, or working with cutting-edge technology, Skillz just might be for you!
We are true believers in electronic sports, so don’t be surprised if you see us playing mobile games at our desks or in the kitchen. At Skillz, this type of behavior is encouraged! You can also catch us at our weekly game nights playing anything from Starcraft to Cranium over dinner, while discussing new technologies or brainstorming ideas to improve our business.
Not a “gamer”? Don’t worry about it. Every Skillzian brings a unique perspective to the team, and we bond over plenty of activities that don’t involve games. We’re working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission. As the creators and leaders of a new marketplace, we work with a “do whatever it takes” mentality, and frankly, we get the job done!
Our team is comprised of passionate, intelligent and creative individuals who consistently seek out new challenges and knowledge. We embrace out-of-the-box strategies to propel our business forward, and foster a culture where every person’s voice is heard. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of funding, building and selling successful enterprises. If you're up for the challenge, we’d love to meet you.
The Head of Developer Success has a wide ranging charter to positively impact the success of Skillz over the long term. A stickler for detail and a strong process leader, one vector of success for this person will be gauged on their ability to smoothly integrate and onboard new developer titles into the Skillz stable of mobile Esports games.
The second vector of success will be determined by their systematic approach to optimizing these games for long term, outsized, monetization as well as the health of the developer relationships and the Skillz developer community at large.
Results-driven high technology professional possessing exceptional interpersonal communication skills and extensive experience in pre-post sales engineering, customer success and project/program management. Solid track record of evaluating client needs and utilizing excellent analytical and problem solving abilities to offer strategic solutions. Experience in building and managing high performing teams.
- Lead a cross-functional team of project managers, producers, and customer success managers to evolve the world's first mobile competition-as-a-service platform for iOS/Android game development studios across hundreds of top games
- Define process standards and other documentation to create best design and launch readiness practices for the Skillz platform.
- Must be able to work with Company Executives (internal and external), Product Management, Engineering, Sales and Marketing in regards to game development, documentation, internal and external communication, launch and post launch optimization.
- Participate in sales and proposal presentations in addition to helping the account managers identify additional upsell opportunities in customer organization as well as provide support for good relationship management.
- Efficient utilization of professional services resources for engagement and/or delivery of agreed solutions within budgeted hours
- Demonstrable expertise in managing customer success managers, and program managers.
Core Experience Attributes:
- 8+ years of client facing professional services experience or games studio general management experience
- Preference for someone who has worked for a company selling/integrating SDKs to & with a developer community
- Proven track record of managing game studio technology/clients
- MBA highly desirable
- Conversant in agile and (phase gate) product launch methodologies.
- Technical expertise gained from working with engineering and product teams as they evolve core technologies and systems to support business to business customers, worldwide