Head of Developer Success at Skillz
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for an exploding mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with democratized access to fun, fair and skill-based competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make eSports accessible to anyone, anywhere with a mobile device.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50(for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partnersto the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
The Head of Developer Success has a wide ranging charter to positively impact the success of Skillz over the long term. A stickler for detail and a strong process leader, one vector of success for this person will be gauged on their ability to smoothly integrate and onboard new developer titles into the Skillz stable of mobile eSports games.
The second vector of success will be determined by their systematic approach to optimizing these games for long term, outsized, monetization as well as the health of the developer relationships and the Skillz developer community at large.
We are looking for a results-driven high technology professional possessing exceptional interpersonal communication skills and extensive experience in both pre and post sales engineering, customer success and project/program management. Further, we are looking for someone who has a solid track record of evaluating client needs and utilizing analytical and problem solving abilities to offer strategic solutions. Finally, you should have experience in building and managing high performing teams.
- Lead a cross-functional team of project managers, producers, and customer success managers to evolve the world's first mobile competition-as-a-service platform for iOS/Android game development studios across hundreds of top games
- Define process standards and other documentation to create best design and launch readiness practices for the Skillz platform
- Must be able to work with Company Executives (internal and external), Product Management, Engineering, Sales and Marketing in regards to game development, documentation, internal and external communication, launch and post launch optimization
- Participate in sales and proposal presentations in addition to helping the account managers identify additional upsell opportunities in customer organizations as well as provide support for relationship management
- Efficient utilization of professional services resources for engagement and/or delivery of agreed solutions within budgeted hours
- Demonstrable expertise in managing customer success managers, and program managers
Core Experience Attributes:
- 8+ years of client facing professional services experience or games studio general management experience
- Preference for someone who has worked for a company selling/integrating SDKs to & with a developer community
- Proven track record of managing game studio technology/clients
- MBA highly desirable
- Conversant in agile and (phase gate) product launch methodologies
- Technical expertise gained from working with engineering and product teams as they evolve core technologies and systems to support business to business customers worldwide
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance