Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
This mission of the International Compliance programme is to enable Coinbase to become the most Trusted crypto-currency services provider through the provision of industry-leading Compliance expertise and oversight.
The Head of EMEA Compliance will be responsible for partnering directly with Coinbase business and product teams to drive forward Coinbase’s ambitious international expansion plans in a compliant way. This will include design and implementation of the EMEA Compliance programme and oversight of local Compliance Heads and MLROs in the region.
The role-holder will report to the Deputy Head of International Compliance and will be based in London.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Partnering directly with relevant business, product and legal teams to drive regional growth in a Compliant way
- Oversight over the EMEA compliance programme, ensuring local requirements are addressed
- Driving consistency across the EMEA compliance activities, ensuring efficient execution and allocation of resources
- Providing Compliance input into the EMEA regulatory engagement strategy
- Oversight of local CCO and MLROs in the EMEA region
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Substantive experience of design and implementation of compliance programmes
- Understanding of the EMEA regulatory landscape
- Clear and concise communicator both written and verbal
- Track record of delivery
- Leadership experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial services regulations; and retail/ institutional level products
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of business functions, with an emphasis on senior management.
- Expertise - regulatory knowledge in one or more of the Coinbase International jurisdictions
- Prepared to voice concerns and challenges and key partner engagement skills and experience required
- Ability to develop, foster and maintain effective working relationships with diverse groups of people within the organisation as well as with external partners and vendors
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced remote environment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the innate ability to work unsupervised in a structured manner
- 10+ years of experience in Compliance/Risk related business functions
- Capacity to meet deadlines while maintaining quality standards and ensuring effective time management
- Dedication to diversity
- Keen interest in digital currencies
- Related bachelor’s level degree required
Nice to haves:
- Professional Compliance or finance qualification and membership of a recognised professional body would be advantageous, but not a prerequisite
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.